Brian Ortega and Schaub (?) appear in The Tax Collector movie

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I watched the movie, or at least skimmed through it. I couldn't tell if one of the masked thugs in the shootout is Schaub or not. He claimed he was.

The movie itself seemed decent enough but I can't get over Shia Labeouf being a Latino gangster even if everyone acted well.

Before the shootout scene, Brian Ortega makes an appearance as one of the antagonist's gang lieutenants.

There was a scene where the protagonist was getting BJJ lessons from a dude who had a red belt with two (?) stripes. It seemed to be Jean Jacques Machado (Rogan's/Chuck Norris' JJ coach), but it only showed his silhouette.

I read somewhere that the director David Ayer asked Schaub for months to be in the film but I think that role went to Ortega.

is this movie already out?

I thought his character in the film was a white boy who grew up around latinos? Haven't seen the film though

Schaub's character is called 'Negro'. lol

Screenshots please my old eyes can't see neither in that clip.

I'm 50 minutes in, and had to hit pause to check if the Sherbros were aware of this. Didnt' know Schaub was in this lol. I'll keep an eye out. Ortega is a natural. I guess the role was written for him.

I thought his character in the film was a white boy who grew up around latinos? Haven't seen the film though
Yea, hes not playing a Chicano, hes playing a white boy from the varrio and he plays the role pretty well too

The acting was good, the story was good and the brutal violence was great, I just wasnt a fan of the flashy MTV gangster movie style
Im not sure if theres an actual name for it but it reminded me of movies like Belly and Domino(the Keira Knightley film) where they try to be too pretty and overdramatic and it makes the movie lesser than it woulda been if it was raw and gritty

Felt the ending was rushed. I liked everything else though. Shia was on point. Enjoyed him in this.

lol that movie is cringe with the accents. looks like some redbox b movie.

I'm 50 minutes in, and had to hit pause to check if the Sherbros were aware of this. Didnt' know Schaub was in this lol. I'll keep an eye out. Ortega is a natural. I guess the role was written for him.
ortega actually lived the hood life I have been the pj's he was from in san pedro those dudes are known for beating up people. the trippy thing is it is right across from the u.ss iowa.

Last edited:
Schaub's character is called 'Negro'. lol
mexican people will just use that as a nickname for anyone brown it isn't literal it is more a figurative nickname it isn't even derogatory or a slur. good grammar would also be "el negro" this was obviously not written by a mexican person.

I feel like if you didnt grow up in LA you wont like David Ayers movies. I love them. I can understand if your from the eastcoast or midwest why you wouldnt relate to them though.

Back