Gaethje will get it done in the center...

MMAMAX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Dustin had Khabib jogging backwards. Justin will meet Khabib in the middle and throwdown + defend his wrestling in the middle.

The method is there brahs. Don’t get pushed back against fence and push Khabib back.

Khabib back-peddles when heat gets thrown at him.

main-qimg-ed5e42c584e22457894fbf3fa1870776

and that`s all she wrote

What if he can't defend though? That's the million dollar question. Also what if Gaethje's striking is limited due to the threat of the takedown?

Not saying I don't give Gaethje a chance, only a fool would write him off... Just saying Khabib has hit final form level since winning the belt vs Al...

Khabib will catch a leg kick and take him down, once Justin feels Khabib on top he will be backing down the rest of them do vs Khabib

Literally every fighter said that's the method to beat Khabib and they all failed. The only one who can beat Khabib is motivated Conor

If you're going to beat Khabib, it's probably by staying in the center for any grappling exchange. He is much more dangerous by the fence

If you're going to beat Khabib, it's probably by staying in the center for any grappling exchange. He is much more dangerous by the fence

Who has met Khabib in the center with Justin’s power, wrestling, toughness, heart? Who has actively tried to keep Khabib in the center?

Who has met Khabib in the center with Justin’s power, wrestling, toughness, heart?
no one but his wrestling has mostly been untested in the ufc.

khabib isn't going to stand there trying to win a striking battle with him like every other opponent in the ufc has.

no one but his wrestling has mostly been untested in the ufc.

khabib isn't going to stand there trying to win a striking battle with him like every other opponent in the ufc has.

I personally think Khabib needs to get double-legged and punched up. Why does nobody shoot on this guy? Nothing else has worked.

barboza, conor, and dustin all tried to keep him in the center

it didn't work

I personally think Khabib needs to get double-legged and punched up. Why does nobody shoot on this guy? Nothing else has worked.
There are literally no primary wrestlers at the top of the UFC LW division. All the top guys are basically standup only except kind of Tony who seeming;y also abandoned the grappling part of his game when he fought JG

Give Justin a call, he'll appreciate the advice.

I get why people want to speculate who will beat a champion but I think the replies to this thread reveal the reality.

Gaethje has a chance and can win this fight. Hell he may be the better fighter at this point, Gaethje has looked incredible.

But we would all be fools to forget what Khabib has done to every opponent and style he's faced. Gaethje is something different. Incredible wrestler, great striking (leg kicks in particular will be interesting to watch with Gaethje's combination of wrestling and other skills), and an unbelievable mental toughness. That said, we know his weakness too. He's been reckless in the past in order to force chaos. I don't know if that works against Khabib. I think that's a recipe to get caught or dragged to the ground and controlled.

But it probably wins 20-30% of the time if he can land that big shot.

So this thread sounds more like Gaethje "can" win than "will" win, which I think we all agree with--while our bet slips disagree.

Who has met Khabib in the center with Justin’s power, wrestling, toughness, heart? Who has actively tried to keep Khabib in the center?

Justin was taken down by weaklings Eddie Alvarez and Dustin Poirier, each of whom would be (and was) embarrassing cannon fodder for The Eagle.

Justin Gaethje has absolutely nothing to stop Khabib from taking him down; he gets fatigued easy, fights with his mouth wide-open, and is only good when people back away from him.

Justin Gaethje is going to be the backpedaling individual in this fight, and he will have no answer for Khabib after round two.

Dustin had Khabib jogging backwards. Justin will meet Khabib in the middle and throwdown + defend his wrestling in the middle.

The method is there brahs. Don’t get pushed back against fence and push Khabib back.

Khabib back-peddles when heat gets thrown at him.
Khabib can fight with his back to the cage

Tavares, RDA, Conor, Healy, Iaquinta, not to mention his russian regional fights have all pressured him in the first round and had his back to the cage

Dustin was the only that was sloppy with his footwork.

if he throws down with khabib, khabib will clinch and body lock him. Justin doesn't want to lose again in the clinch.

Not saying I don't give Gaethje a chance, only a fool would write him off... Just saying Khabib has hit final form level since winning the belt vs Al...
Yeah..... his fight against Dustin was underrated imo

That was an all time great performance, some of the Foot Sweeps he against Dustin were insane, he is on such a higher level than everyone else when it comes to Cage Wrestling

A lot of us take Khabib for granted, he has two more fights and he will probably disappear, for the most part, I'm trying to appreciate while he's here

The man is possibly the GOAT even though he hasn't quite proved it yet

Back