*About Staropoli and Means, both failing the weight cut...what do you think about it?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
1. Fair fight since both missed weight?

2. Do you believe they "agreed" to miss weight? I mean, one fighter's camp informing their opponent they won't make weight, so both could stop the cut?

3. Fight should be canceled?

Last edited:
Why cancel the fight ? They’re both good to go

means is pretty much done though , too old with too many miles

He’s really slowed down , he did manage to make himself some decent money on his way

been in the ufc for over 8 years now

He’s really slowed down , he did manage to make himself some decent money on his way

That price ko was hard to watch, thought he was winning before he got ktfo tho lol.

That price ko was hard to watch, thought he was winning before he got ktfo tho lol.

his last fight was even worse bro - I think price might of ruined him

say what you want about price but anyone who’s in a fight with him is leaving taking some serious punishment

Debuting fighter dropped him and hurt him multiple times and finished him in the first - he looked 3 steps too slow

Why cancel the fight? Cause they miss the protocol agreement before a fight: to make weight. When one fighter misses it, the one that shows on weight deserves the paycheck, so the fight might go on, with an economic punishment. If both fighters miss the weight, canceling the fight could a way to punish both guys. I don't know, I'm just asking.

And what does Means axtual firm and career has to do with this thread?

Why cancel the fight? Cause they miss the protocol agreement before a fight: to make weight. When one fighter misses it, the one that shows on weight deserves the paycheck, so the fight might go on, with an economic punishment. If both fighters miss the weight, canceling the fight could a way to punish both guys. I don't know, I'm just asking.

And what does Means axtual firm and career has to do with this thread?

We’ve had this happen before they just change it to catch up and fight goes on

It means that means doesn’t have the luxury to pull out a fight this late in his career ! It’s surely one of his last

Since when did means miss weight? He officially came in at 171 on his second attempt.
He sure did. I read stories of 3 missing weight earlier, including Means. The Dirty Bird said fuck that, I'm getting a bonus so I'm making weight before this shit ends. I take back what I said on a previous thread about not getting POTN because of missing weight.

WAR Dirty Bird! Way to keep it professional.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/8/...igh-in-results-beneil-dariush-two-others-miss

"Tim Means and Laureano Staropoli both failed to make weight for their scheduled 170-pound bout, with Means tipping the scales at 172.5 pounds and Staropoli at 174.5.

However, Means was given additional time to cut weight and he successfully did so on his second attempt, coming in at 171 pounds."

So Means went and cut the extra weight, probably giving Star Boy another advantage. He's heavier anand didn't have to go through another weight cut. I hope Means pushes his shit in tho

Back