Media UFC’s In Depth Look at Anderson Silva vs Weidman

B ville Famous

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I remember when this fight was happening, Chris was broke, living in his parent’s basement (which was flooded by Hurricane Irene) with his wife, and embarrassed by his financial situation.

Chris literally beat Anderson everywhere in this fight and made Silva look like an amateur.

Silva seemed done fighting to me at this point.... ran wild on MW and even some LHW, didn't get the GSP Super Fight and being the legendary GOAT that he is wanted to put on one last show... tried to make the fight exciting , had a few stinkers, and didn't pay off when he started clowning and paid for it... Now in hindsight, should have retired on top and maybe made a St Pierre return for a mega paycheck but didn't have anything to prove after Bonnar...

Silva seemed done fighting to me at this point.... ran wild on MW and even some LHW, didn't get the GSP Super Fight and being the legendary GOAT that he is wanted to put on one last show... tried to make the fight exciting , had a few stinkers, and didn't pay off when he started clowning and paid for it... Now in hindsight, should have retired on top and maybe made a St Pierre return for a mega paycheck but didn't have anything to prove after Bonnar...

Anderson was almost relieved to be done with the title. Prime Anderson probably beats teh Chris. I've never seen a less motivated champion going into that fight, lol.

Yup, we all noticed A Silva’s relief, he kept saying about Chris..
“HE MAKE GOOD CHAMPION”.....lol

He was going to be Silva's easiest title defense on sherdog til Silva got ktfo'ed and the narrative changed. I fondly remember the giant thread of "Weidman has a 2% chance of winning" that conveniently dissapeared.

Classic Sherdog.

While I laugh at the pitfalls of Weidman after USADA was implemented while he railed against Anderson as a cheater and will never forget the hilarious Weidman GOAT posts or his ill-fated, dumb ass spinning shit against Rockhold that signaled the end of his prime with a brutal beatdown...

I actually like Chris and think he's a nice guy.

Even if Weidman beats prime Silva - Silva is still the better middleweight and matches up against the rest of the middleweights better

Silva was never the same.

doubt he even remembers 2013

Weidman did but the shoe is firmly on the other foot these days. Weidman built his resume on old lions but his best days are gone as were Anderson’s all those years ago. Tough sport and if a fighter hangs around long enough he will eventually see himself on the wrong end of fights he might have once won. Weidman is now the old lion.

Whineman used to display such arrogance along with an annoying personality. Silva's career and accomplishments much better overall. Anderson clowned too much and paid for it the first fight. Second fight was a fluke..period point blank. A rare break. Whineman has been decapitated numerous times lol.

i dont know why i sometimes and too lazy to poop until its almost time i be getting to bed, because then i know i cant just go straight to bed like i want to, i have to poop first. that also means i have to clean up. on one hand, the process IS (well the pooping part) a very relaxed time, but not sleep relax, i dunno its just different. You can fall asleep on the toilet, but youre never happy about it. I've created a situation where i cannot be happy about sleep and poop, only one. Which do i savor?

I love how Anderson was outclassed and suddenly people said he was past his prime, when Anderson was coming off two dominant wins against Bonnar and Sonnen. He was at the top of his game and lost.

Weidman dethroned prime Anderson Silva.

Back