Why Even Schedule Heavyweight Fights For 5 Rounds?

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Excuse me if I'm sounding like a pompous asshole but fuck it, if it ain't for a championship let these sloppy joe mofos go 3 rounds. Usually we are expecting an early KO anyway but if it goes past 3 strong chances are that they will be extremely gassed any way.

Besides Hunt vs. Silva the rest of these fat boi fights suck to go 5 rounds. Especially post USADA. It's just a waste of EVERYONE's time, including the fighters. Ok I'm done being a pompous asshole now. Just had to get that out.

HWs and LHWs shouldn't be in the main event, period.

They are taking someone else's spot who is actually good at MMA and needs that 5-rounder experience as a young prospect (guys like Perez, Askarov, Sandhagen, Kattar, Burgos, Fiziev, Neal, Ismagulov, Magomedsharipov etc). There are hundreds of guys.

UFC's matchmaking as well as card placement has been atrocious over the years and wasn't following sport's development.

You sound like a pompous asshole. It doesn't make sense to change the rules just because it's HW. And sometimes there are comebacks in the final rounds (Stipe vs DC 2, Jairzinho vs Overeem, etc.).

It can be a slog, but if everyone is supposed to be trying to get a title fight, you gotta give non-champs 5 round fights occasionally. They need that experience too even if they're fat heavyweights.

If fights were 3 rounds, we wouldn't have gotten to see Stipe's round 4 against DC.

At the end of 3 rounds, DC was up 2-1.
I said non championship fights, also I only watched once but it seemed DC was up 3 nil.

If fights were 3 rounds, we wouldn't have gotten to see Stipe's round 4 against DC.

At the end of 3 rounds, DC was up 2-1.
He said title fights are ok going 5.

Excuse me if I'm sounding like a pompous asshole but fuck it, if it ain't for a championship let these sloppy joe mofos go 3 rounds. Usually we are expecting an early KO anyway but if it goes past 3 strong chances are that they will be extremely gassed any way.

Besides Hunt vs. Silva the rest of these fat boi fights suck to go 5 rounds. Especially post USADA. It's just a waste of EVERYONE's time, including the fighters. Ok I'm done being a pompous asshole now. Just had to get that out.
TS I stopped betting on fights after Cain vs JDS, I put a few hundred down on a gimme bet: that the fight wouldn't last 5 rounds.

Lesson learned

Let them bang until they have a heart attack in the cage.
e9v4wdn.gif

They are taking someone else's spot who is actually good at MMA and needs that 5-rounder experience as a young prospect (guys like Perez, Askarov, Sandhagen, Kattar, Burgos, Fiziev, Neal, Ismagulov, Magomedsharipov etc). There are hundreds of guys.

UFC's matchmaking as well as card placement has been atrocious over the years and wasn't following sport's development.
<{clintugh}>

Enough with the manlets, you dork vomits. That's why nobody watches this sport.

Reactions: HHJ
I would have preferred Lewis vs Oliniek on the 252 PPV and O’Malley vs Vera as the main event here. This fight in particular does not seem suited for 5 rounds.

That being said, I would rather see more 5 round fights period — 2-3 on PPV cards and 1-2 for fight nights. How a fight like Smith vs Shogun can be 5 rounds but not Ferguson vs Cerrone is beyond me.

Apparently according to the money, there’s plenty of Reasons HWs are featured. Because no one else on the roster can whoop them, the lions get to eat while the cubs sit in the background. Additionally, the volatility of the fights make them exciting. Highlight KO at anytime.

Reactions: HHJ
Back