Shogun vs Silva would be a fitting end for both fighters.

Retirement?

InnocentAmazingCopperbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Anderson's gonna be fighting (and probably still randomly showing up at #15 in the rankings for no apparent reason) until he's about 60.

Shogun only lost once in his last 6
Silva only won once in last 8....

BOOK IT.

Now or prime

Shogun would tear Silva a new one

Silva would decapitate any version of Shogun.

Make the fight Dana!

BOOK IT.

Now or prime

In all fairness to Anderson when you look at his losses, everyone he lost to was a UFC champion apart from Cannonier who's in the top 5. It's not like he's losing to journeymen.

Prime Silva beats any MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones. Even @Fraz agrees

Prime Silva defeats any character in Marvel or DC if they were real, except perhaps prime superman

Prime Silva defeats any character in Marvel or DC if they were real, except perhaps prime superman
Prime Superman is too big and strong for even a prime Silva. Weight classes exist for a reason

BOOK IT.

Now or prime

Man I dunno. Styles make fights and I think Anderson is still a really bad matchup for Shogun. Silva is much slower than he was but still has enough speed to counter the much slower and chinny Shogun, not to mention he has the reach advantage. Still a good fight but I lean towards Silva in this one.

Just like his buddy Macheetah did?
Machida has weaknesses that Silva doesn't have and vice versa. Shogun would not beat Anderson the way he did Machida. He barely hot by Brandon Vera.

Machida has weaknesses that Silva doesn't have and vice versa. Shogun would not beat Anderson the way he did Machida. He barely hot by Brandon Vera.
Yes but he also brutally finished Arona and Reem! While losing to OSP and Sonnen.

While Silva has lost by submission to LW Japanese part time fighters.

It’s really hard to compare the two.

prime for prime is just as tricky.

The shogun that won the GP finishes any version of Silva Ever. However Silva’s run of excellence was more consistent and sustained longer (very long by any measure) and the rua from 50% of his ufc fights gets finished by prime spider.

Back