legal to knee opponent's knee when they have a straight leg?

liver.shot

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Watching s4e1 contender episode --- guy is kneeing the thigh of his opponent, who is standing with a straight leg against the cage. Is it illegal to directly knee your opponent's knee? Seems much more effective than hitting their thigh. If it is illegal is it like an eyepoke where you can get 1 (or 2) warnings before a deduction?

Putting aside the fact that it's a dick move, of course.

Fight IQ of the first fight rivaled the guy who went to the ground with O'malley when O'malley couldn't stand.

If it's legal then why isn't it being done as a matter of routine when an opponent has a straight leg against the fence?

Instead they put the extra work in to knee the upper thigh . Which seems strictly inferior as a strike. So I must be missing something .

If it's legal then why isn't it being done as a matter of routine when an opponent has a straight leg against the fence?

Instead they put the extra work in to knee the upper thigh . Which seems strictly inferior as a strike. So I must be missing something .
You dont understand why fighters arent kneeing people in the knees?

You dont understand why fighters arent kneeing people in the knees?

Why UFC fighters are not kneeing a straight legged opponent trapped against the fence. (To hyper extend.) Plenty of kicks to the knees of course .

upload_2020-8-6_11-59-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-6_11-57-29.png
    upload_2020-8-6_11-57-29.png
    839.6 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2020-8-6_11-58-45.png
    upload_2020-8-6_11-58-45.png
    833.2 KB · Views: 1
Well you can leg a leg and arm an arm but heading a head isnt legal so I can see why there is confusion.

Now I have a question,
Is scissoring legal in mma or does that count as some kind of groin strike?

Well you can leg a leg and arm an arm but heading a head isnt legal so I can see why there is confusion.

Now I have a question,
Is scissoring legal in mma or does that count as some kind of groin strike?
I can fish a fish.
Why UFC fighters are not kneeing a straight legged opponent trapped against the fence. (To hyper extend.) Plenty of kicks to the knees of course .
Legs are hardly ever straight enough to hyper extend. Instead of trying to do joint damage, they're trying muscle destruction. If the leg is hurt, it's harder to kick and move

If a fighter groin shot his opponent with his own groin, who gets disqualified?

Because it does as much damage to your knee as it does to their knee lol. You might as well punch them in the fist.

Back