Israel's feints.

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
I'm leaning israel. In his last fight, however, I saw something extremely concerning. Romero didn't bite on ANY of the feints. He was left confused and rattled by the whole thing. There didn't seem to be a plan b or anything and after the overhand, he disengaged. Romero and costa are two different entities, but honestly, that was a red flag. What happens if costa isn't worried about counters, doesn't bite the feints and just marches him down in that small ass cage. What happens? Does israel have the tools to adjust to that? Especially the feints. When they failed against romero he looked like shit.

You dont learn israel you learn yiddish.

Costa doesnt have the same TD threat, Izzy will pick him apart easy.

I'm leaning israel. In his last fight, however, I saw something extremely concerning. Romero didn't bite on ANY of the feints. He was left confused and rattled by the whole thing. There didn't seem to be a plan b or anything and after the overhand, he disengaged. Romero and costa are two different entities, but honestly, that was a red flag. What happens if costa isn't worried about counters, doesn't bite the feints and just marches him down in that small ass cage. What happens? Does israel have the tools to adjust to that? Especially the feints. When they failed against romero he looked like shit.
He adjusted against Romero. Like you already said Costa is a different fighter and he DOES bite on feints. Not only that, even assuming he doesn't, Romero showed ridiculously good defense in that fight but ended up sacrificing his offense in the process.

The keg kicks were the only thing Yoel left open for Israel for the most part but Costa is 90% offense and has shown no such defense. Also the threat of the takedown is assumeably non existant.

Costa definitely has the style to beat Israel, his offensive arsenal got exposed in the Yoel fight.

Enter in with jabs to setup your hooks, when israel commits to evading one way or the other you rip the body. Once he slows down you catch him on the exit, where he's known for keeping his hands down.

Israel needs to command respect early, but Costa is durable and insanely confident.

If Costa has even a half decent coach, this will be the hardest fight of Israel's career imo.

I think Romero's counter ducked overhand had a lot to do with Izzy's hesitancy. He did NOT want to be caught with it and it was fast and punishing. I think of Romero didn't have that weapon Izzy wouldn't have been so confused on simply not buying his feints alone.

I think Costa isn't as fast and Izzy must have sealed that particular hole. Can Costa find another?

Romero didn't bite on the feints but he wasnt advancing either. He didnt give Izzy a lot to work for. Romero connected early with a right hand and I think Izzy wanted non of that after. You could see he felt it.

Costa will walk him down but he'll get punished for it. He definitely has a chance to clip him though which makes it so thrilling.

Costa is a completely different fighter... no way this looks like Style Bender vs Yoel.

Back