Nick Diaz is a Latter Day Aleks Emelianenko

Mr Joyboy

Doctor of Divinity
@purple
Reaction score
Up front this is not a criticism of either guy.

Both guys are perceived as having talent beyond what their performances (considering strength of schedule) show.

Both guys are chronically in trouble for non-fight related things and missing chunks of their careers because of it.

Both guys have "is he coming back" hype long past their primes.

And, I think, both guys speak to our innate sense of the archetypal dark horse--sinners make the best saints and all that.

But aleks has been back and I dont remember anyone over hyping him at all. He was always the shitty brother. Nick was always considered the better one until he stopped fighting for 5 years now hes the shitty one.

Nick smokes and drinks... not even about that Aleks Emelianenko life.

weirdest comparison of all time? that's saying a lot for sherdog.

Nick sings soprano in the church choir compared to AE.

I'm talking more about the role they play in online MMA fandom than whatever their fucked up lifestyles may be. Yes Aleks has scary slavic prison tattoos and Nick runs triathlons but they're both rogues.

giphy.gif

He needs to get arrested like three dozen more times to catch up with Aleks.

TFW no one is addressing the points I made in the OP....

Not that I ever read OPs myself

Aleks has been back and fighting. He just got beat by Magomed.

Until Diaz earns some of the tats Aleks earned they are not even in the same ball park, Jones isnt even close.

Wow people should really think before they fuckin post.
Nick diaz is a saint compared to aleksander and im sure he would not at all like his name connected with a convicted rapist.

Wow people should really think before they fuckin post.
Nick diaz is a saint compared to aleksander and im sure he would not at all like his name connected with a convicted rapist.
Do you not see there being a parallel in how they kept coming up in fantasy matchups as something of a shibboleth for hardcores during their respective periods of exile?

Once again, this thread is not about their personal lives.

Do you not see there being a parallel in how they kept coming up in fantasy matchups as something of a shibboleth for hardcores during their respective periods of exile?

No. I dont.
Aleksander cant fight anywhere but eastern europe. Nick diaz COULD fight,but just doesnt really have it in him anymore. Nick is not in exile.
Ufc would love to have him if he got his shit together. Aleksander on the other hands cant fight anywhere but shady areas in e. Europe and they clearly will let him fight there,no matter what he does.

In that case, I'd say Ricardo Arona is a more appropriate comparison for Nick.

Back