If Weidman loses this weekend.

ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Should he call time on his career?

LFgZfGM.png

He should call it a wrap. Hes actually pk'em in fight. The only other scenario would be him and Luke at 205 and see who connects first or if a stiff wind runs through the building and see who falls.
I hate talking that way but Luke is broken and if he has any support system than he shouldnt be returning and the Chris is probably right behind him.

At this point yeah.

he may be getting brutally knocked out, but it’s against elite fighters. But if he loses to this dude, game over.

The chris is due for a streak of wins.

Kind of depends how he loses...if he has a closely contested "point-fight" and loses a split decision, the maybe give it another go (against the #35 ranked guy in his division). If he provides a highlight-reel KO for his opponent, then it's time to see what other marketable skills he has (outside of fighting).

Jarl

I'm as big a Weidman fan as you'll find, but if he loses this fight he should retire. Regardless of how he loses. He's taken A LOT of damage. You've got a family, you've had a great career, and you have absolutely nothing left to prove.

If he can avoid getting knocked out I think he uses his takedowns and eventually winds up with a sub or decision win

I'm as big a Weidman fan as you'll find, but if he loses this fight he should retire. Regardless of how he loses. He's taken A LOT of damage. You've got a family, you've had a great career, and you have absolutely nothing left to prove.

Be that as it may, I think many fighters like Weidman (top 10 fighters with name recognition) want to continue fighting because they make great money. They have no other ways of making a living that would provide a fraction of the income.

In Weidman's case, I can see him doing commentary work for the UFC. He's well spoken and has the right look for such a job.

Back