I don’t even think Dan Hardy deserved his shot at GSP

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He won split decisions over Marcus David and Akihiro Gono.

Two guys who I don’t even think are very good.

Beat Mike Swick who doesn’t like fighting.

and his biggest win is a finish over TJ Dillashaws coach. That idiot Duane Ludwig.

I honestly don’t think Hardy has done anything impressive in MMA.

Actually I take that back. He lasted 3 rounds against Rumble. That’s a tough ass feat for anyone.

tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

This happened in the next fight and he went on a 4 fight losing streak starting with GSP.

Context is everything.

Mike Swick went 5-0 at middleweight before losing to Yushin Okami. This prompted him to drop to WW. He proceeded to go on a 4 fight win streak at WW.

With Fitch and Alves having recently lost to GSP, Hardy vs Swick was the clear #1 contender fight. Swick was a heavy favorite. Hardy won convincingly. Hardy earned the title shot.

Tim Elliott was probably weaker.
What? Tim Elliott beat Hiromasa Ogikubo to win TUF, and then arguably 10-8'd DJ. If you didn't think he deserved the title shot before the fight, he proved he did in that fight.

Least deserving title challenger is probably everyone Valentina has defended against...

Context is everything.

Mike Swick went 5-0 at middleweight before losing to Yushin Okami. This prompted him to drop to WW. He proceeded to go on a 4 fight win streak at WW.

With Fitch and Alves having recently lost to GSP, Hardy vs Swick was the clear #1 contender fight. Swick was a heavy favorite. Hardy won convincingly. Hardy earned the title shot.
But Wikipedia doesnt educate goofballs who didnt watch the sport.

Imagine saying Gono wasnt very good.

He was a Brit who could sell a fight and Georges went through everyone. Those submission survivals made the fight.

What? Tim Elliott beat Hiromasa Ogikubo to win TUF, and then arguably 10-8'd DJ. If you didn't think he deserved the title shot before the fight, he proved he did in that fight.

In terms of earning the shot, he beat no ranked fighters (fair enough there were some good guys in the house but they weren't UFC ranked).

He did have a good first round, but in terms of being deserving of the shot I don't think he was. I also think Serra probably didn't deserve the shot at GSP that he won, so it is what it is.

GSP still couldn’t finish Dan Hardy who was finished in 2 of his next 4 fights (going 0-4)

GSP has cleared the div out so they just tried to come up w something they could sell,with what was available.

Dan Hardy is the weakest UFC title challenger from 2010-present. Crazy that Georges couldn’t finish him

He could have but it would have required breaking Hardy arm which GSP did not want to do. He mentioned this numerous times , botth in english and french interviews.

Hes definitely one of the worst guys to fight for a belt. Actually, at least he made weight unlike Travis Lutter so I take that back.

Realistically he did earn the title fight though. Sometimes guys that aren't huge threats (or aren't very good relative to title challengers) earn title shots. Who should have been there instead

Hardy was one dimensional striker. Hardy talked shit about Condit (a very respectful guy) just to get knocked out. Gsps easiest title defence. went on a 4 fight losing streak when he faced better competition.

Weird timing, and it sounds like you take it personally that it happened.

Back