Costa's cardio

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
Costa gasses. Israel has superior footwork and is elusive as all hell. Many people picked him over Israel adesanya. I get the angle. Body shots. Noone bothers with then against Israel. Everyone headhunts. That's a significant factor. My question is : how long can costa keep his assault up, especially when chasing adesanya down? There's a huge range discrepancy between the two. Please explain how you guys see this going. As far as I'm concerned costa is in for a long night. Israel 48-47 or 49-46

*ps* no head movement.
*pps* his lack of defence got him in trouble against hall surely israel will exploit that. Not saying he's a brawler or anything. Just that he's reckless at times.
*Pps* if costa wins I don't want mfs bumping this thread smugly telling me "they told me so". I'm just looking for some dialogue, as this fight piques my interest more so than most fighters this calendar year.

Last edited:
I don't think Costa survives 5 rounds. He either finishes Israel or gets finished himself. He was way slower in the 2nd against Yoel, it was a crazy pace though. He won't keep his volume and pressure up for 5 rounds, and that's his only way to win, if he stops pressuring and throwing he gets dismantled and TKOd

I agree.

We haven´t seen Costa in a five round fight yet. It just might be his kryptonite. Izzy has to play the matador and make sure he doesn´t slip up to win. Costa has to knock him out in the first 3 rounds.

Depends if Israel tries running away again. All that running will gas Costa out

Worth considering though Izzy will have less space to use his Usain Bolt tactics and reach with the smaller Octagon. Not seen Costa gas yet to my knowledge.

Worth considering though Izzy will have less space to use his Usain Bolt tactics and reach with the smaller Octagon. Not seen Costa gas yet to my knowledge.
Romero match costs gassed. But he does throw 8 strikes a minute. I'm not sure, maybe if he threw less?

Costa gasses. Israel has superior footwork and is elusive as all hell. Many people picked him over Israel adesanya. I get the angle. Body shots. Noone bothers with then against Israel. Everyone headhunts. That's a significant factor. My question is : how long can costa keep his assault up, especially when chasing adesanya down? There's a huge range discrepancy between the two. Please explain how you guys see this going. As far as I'm concerned costa is in for a long night. Israel 48-47 or 49-46

*ps* no head movement.
*pps* his lack of defence got him in trouble against hall surely israel will exploit that. Not saying he's a brawler or anything. Just that he's reckless at times.
*Pps* if costa wins I don't want mfs bumping this thread smugly telling me "they told me so". I'm just looking for some dialogue, as this fight peaks my interest more so than most fighters this calendar year.

It's "piques"

I think this fight ends in the first or second no matter who wins.

Costa had three hard rounds with Yoel. He can go the distance assuming Izzy isn't doing damage to him.

The hardest thing about this fight is with Izzy running away the moment you engage him. Trying to fight a guy who isn't willing to stand his ground is tough.Trying to fight a guy who has a superior reach and is running away is even tougher.

Hopefully Costa's plan is to punish Izzy's legs early on

costa has excellent cardio. he was smashing yoel for 3 rounds and he only needs 1 round to snap israel

Romero match costs gassed. But he does throw 8 strikes a minute. I'm not sure, maybe if he threw less?

Have to watch that fight again, can't remember it too well..

You'd think with Izzy loving the distance Costa will be trying to get on the inside constantly, I don't think his footwork is quick enough like you say, but his constant shots could give him an opening if he's willing to take shots in return.

Another thing not being mentioned too much is he could attempt take downs from the clinch, his BlackBelt in BJJ you'd think would give him a huge advantage against Izzys Blue, even more reason for Izzy to run.. I think Izzy will be targeting a counter flying knee like he had planned for Yoel.

If he doesn't get Izzy with the first 2 or 3 burst then he lost the fight.

What I think you're trying to say is use footwork. But I've seen Izzy use incredible footwork in the KB scene with smaller rings.

The issue with Costa is that he goes for broke and has no idea how to pace himself. His style is take one just to give one. The shots that put you down are the shots you don't see. He telegraphs every damn thing and his muscles do him no good in a 5 round fight. This is MMA so anything can happen but I've seen pure roid aggression get beat 9 times out of time with fight IQ. The question is will we see that 1 out of 10 scenario during their fight.

Nah it's not I mean the sprinting away in fear of taking a heavy shot we have seen him do countless times.. When he's not in control and wants to remain the distance again. Not when he's dictating the fight.

giphy.gif

You mean re-circling to get the center of the octagon and not have to have a fire-fight with your back against the fence? Again, footwork.

Well yeah it is obviously footwork, running away involves a foot or two..

I'm saying that those 4 or 5 steps away will draw him closer to the parameter of the cage as opposed to giving him as much distance as usual.

This kind of stepping backwards and sideways will be less effective. Drawing him into more scenarios like how the Whittaker fight was finished.

PalePastelBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

Back