Why are we giving khabib a pass for calling out GSP?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor called out Mayweather in BOXING and got murdered by mma and boxing communities (rightfully so) but Khabib is calling out A retired untrained GSP in a division lower than he ever fought in and is getting praised ? I don’t like Conor but this double standard is ridiculous and needs to be called out for what it is.

Blatant cherry picking.

This would be a huge stain on the legacy of Khabib and a stain on the sport of MMA.

Conor called out Mayweather in BOXING and got murdered by mma and boxing communities (rightfully so) but Khabib is calling out A retired untrained GSP in a division lower than he ever fought in and is getting praised ? I don’t like Conor but this double standard is ridiculous and needs to be called out for what it is.

You reasoning is what is ridiculous.

Conor called out mayweather in boxing a sport he never fought in professionally and was bound to lose againt the 49-0 GOAT fighter of that discipline

Khabib is calling out GSP in MMA a sport they both fought in and dominated and it's a much closer fight to predict as they are both mma wrestling standouts and cancel each other strengths

Also only true idiots thought Conor had a chance against Mayweather

Bad trolling is bad.

He's calling the GOAT
and GSP is always in the gym.

Being in the gym is different from actively training and living an unretired athletic lifestyle

Khabib should give Tony his fight that he rightfully deserves.
Tony shouldn’t have taken the Gaethje fight since Khabib would’ve waited to fight him in the fall. Dana can’t tell Khabib what to do since he’s a star and if Khabib said he wanted Tony then he’d have gotten it. Tony did all this extra weight cutting and got his ass beat out of a title shot and now Khabib is moving on. Sucks but that’s life.

Blatant cherry picking.
{<huh}

Conor cherry picked Mayweather? Lol you're a goof if you actually think that. Conor himself knew he was most likely going to get his ass whooped.

More than half of this forum is picking GSP against Khabib. I think most of them are delusional, but still, this is no 'cherry picking'. Khabib genuinely just wants to fight the greatest fighter of all time.

Its he's last fight and the fight he's dad wanted him to have so different reasons plus GSP considered GOAT of MMA and half this forum are picking him to win over khabib but i dont know what the hell conor calling out mayweather in boxing has got to do with this.

I watch every single fight dude so that's really not saying much

No seriously man, don't tell me you won't be hyped for this fight and won't have that nice feeling of anticipation. Because i wouldn't believe you. It's a great fight to watch.

You reasoning is what is ridiculous.

Conor called out mayweather in boxing a sport he never fought in professionally and was bound to lose againt the 49-0 GOAT fighter of that discipline

Khabib is calling out GSP in MMA a sport they both fought in and dominated and it's a much closer fight to predict as they are both mma wrestling standouts and cancel each other strengths

Also only true idiots thought Conor had a chance against Mayweather

OP's analogy is wrong but he's still right that people wanting to see Khabib/GSP are mostly just Khabib nuthuggers who know his legacy is lacking and a win over GSP would be huge for him.

The problem is GSP is 40 years old, has fought once in 7 years, and is not the same fighter he used to be, not even if he is in the gym all the time.

OP's analogy is wrong but he's still right that people wanting to see Khabib/GSP are mostly just Khabib nuthuggers who know his legacy is lacking and a win over GSP would be huge for him.
I think a win over Tony would be more meaningful for Khabib's legacy than GSP. Khabib/GSP is still just as interesting of a fight as Khabib/Tony. Why wouldn't I want to see that fight?

The problem is GSP is 40 years old, has fought once in 7 years, and is not the same fighter he used to be, not even if he is in the gym all the time.

If khabib beats justin then there is no one left in that division to beat so if he wants to retire with GSP as he last fight whats the problem with that? since he has beaten everyone else and please dont bring up tony he got destroyed by justin.

Blatant cherry picking.

This would be a huge stain on the legacy of Khabib and a stain on the sport of MMA.
Conor called out the much smaller, RETIRED Mayweather. Blatant cherry picking.

And he still got his ass kicked. Shameful.

Back