Whose a tougher fight for Khabib: GSP or Gaethje?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
While Justin has more KO power and decent wrestling GSP has arguably the best wrestling in MMA. Even with knee surgeries (2?) and being nearly 40 or over 40 at the time of the fight GSP is overall far more well-rounded than Gaethje.

I think if Gaethje wins it will be KO/TKO after a knockdown. I think Gaethje either finishes Khabib or gets finished. I don't see it going to a decision. I actually think it will be standing long enough for Justin to win.

When it comes to GSP I see him playing it safe as per his usual and win via the UD not a finish. I see GSP using his superb jab to jab Khabib to death and if GSP gets the opportunity to go for the TD, some GnP, Khabib gets back up, rinse and repeat until GSP has won the UD. I don't see Khabib getting past GSP's jab and even if he got GSP down I don't see him keeping him there. Khabib slowly suffocates his opponents and wears them down, he's not a violent GnP'r like Lesnar or Romero who can end it in a second with a submission or GnP. I see GSP easily defeating Khabib. Khabib's well-rounded but everything Khabib does GSP does better and GSP also has a better gas tank which isn't great for Khabib who's gotten tired in the past. Especially if GSP is pumping jabs in his face all night.

And the biggest reason I think GSP is a tougher opponent for Khabib is because GSP plays it safe while Gaethje would go for the kill and leave himself open. Justin wants a finish while GSP is content to play it safe and win via rounds and the UD.

I DONT KNOW BUT GAETHJE AND HIS COACH "trevor Whitman" have a weird relationship. Gaethje is a freak fighter(borderline a disgusting specimen). Khabib will still win, but Gaehtje will do SUMP

Its impossible to know what GSP will show up to fight KHabib, And perhaps one we havent even seen before. DOES GSP WANT THIS SMOKE?? find that out first

GSP and it's not even close (if he's anywhere near pre retirement form, and knowing GSP he's always training and will push himself to his limits for a fight like this)

Khabib must be so gratefull he'll never have to face Tony.

Tony Ferguson and Du Bronx will be Khabib’s toughest fights due to their ability to stay dangerous on the ground. If Dustin has a chance of guilty timing Khabib then Charles has a better chance too.

GSP is an all time great, and a top 3 of all time fighter.

There's no one at 155 or 170 that's a tougher fight than him.

In his prime, sure. Now? GSP is retired, almost 40 and has been retired for the better part of 7 years. I'm not sure what people expect.

In his prime, sure. Now? GSP is retired, almost 40 and has been retired for the better part of 7 years. I'm not sure what people expect.

He's also kept training and stayed in great shape. So, he maybe older but he's probably more skilled and hasn't gone through recent wars like Khabib has.

a 40 year old man who has one fight in eight years
who complains about headaches because he has been abducted by aliens
who had to retire from the sport because he had violent diarrhea

you think this guy is a challenge for Khabib who holds the greatest MMA streak of all time????

you guys forget that PRIME GSP already got destroyed by a mediocre LW and he got his whole fucking face destroyed by the best LW of his generation
i would literally be scared for GSP's life if he stepped into the cage with Khabib LW GOAT

The GSP that fought Bisping wasn't the same guy who fought at WW. Now we got an even older version.

GSP is an all time great, and a top 3 of all time fighter who's now 39, suffering ulcerative colitis and hasn't had a fight in 3 years.

There's no one at 155 or 170 that's a tougher fight than him.

Updated that description for accuracy.

Khabib has to get past Justin to fight GSP and if he does this fight happens as fight number 30 will be Khabib's last fight. Both are difficult fights for different reasons. Gleison Tibau was able to wrestle with Khabib and he is not in GSPs league so GSP will try to wrestle Khabib and has one of the best Jab's in MMA so he is going to hit Khabib. Justin is going to try to kick Khabib's legs which if successful will stop the takedowns and Justin's improved standup defense and his power will be too much for Khabib.

Tough to say. I'd like to see how Khabib handles a wrestler with a jab. How would GSP approach the fight? Strike or wrestle? Has anyone tried wrestling GSP? How is he defensively? What if GSP can get Khabib down? Would he be lost on his back?

I have similar questions with Gaethje. How will Khabib handle leg kicks? What if Justin can stop the takedowns or walks Khabib down? Both fights are the most intriguing Khabib has ever had.

Back