Low-key the perfect fight for Chimaev

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The dude who just tooled Abdul Razak Hassan, Mounir Lazzez.

082EE80B-6777-4A2A-AB22-0396E42B1351.jpeg
Am I wrong?
This seems a responsible step up, and Mounir is a dangerous, highly skilled guy with a granite chin, as he showed against one of the hardest hitters in the UFC.

I mean these guys could be the future of the division. Don’t think it hurts either one to lose to the other at this point, but I understand the logic of not wanting to rush a prospect into a super tough fight.

Would watch tf out of it tho

Chimaev only want smesh Conor McChicken!

It would be a good fight, but both are good prospects, so why have them fight so early instead of letting them develop separately? It's like back in the days Machida and Thiago Silva were both the next big thing at 13-0, and when they finally fought it was for the title shot

I would say it's a prospect vs prospect fight. Idk his TDD either

Why would Chimaev fight nobody, he is a couple of fights away from being two divisional champion and the MMA GOAT. Ask anybody on sherdog!

I mean these guys could be the future of the division. Don’t think it hurts either one to lose to the other at this point, but I understand the logic of not wanting to rush a prospect into a super tough fight.

Would watch tf out of it tho
Lazzez is 32 and got out wrestled by a 5'6 Dagestani his second last fight. He's definitely not the future of the division.

Good fighter, but Chimaev would make easy work of him. Khamzat was much more hyped in brave as well.

Last edited:
Way to kill a prospect off the bat

Laziz is good but he isnt a wrestler. He'll get mauled at this stage.

No thank you.

Build both guys up.
Build both guys up? Is this boxing? They can build vs each other. Both guys can come out a winner if they show they can hang vs extremely talented guys, which they both are. And in reference to the boxing bit, even Dubois vs Joyce is happening later this year.

Lazzez is 32 and got outwrestled 5'6 Dagestani his second last fight. He's definitely not the future of the division.

Good fighter, but Chimaev would make easy work of him. Khamzat was much more hyped in brave as well.
Didn’t realize he was that old, but his grappling looked pretty good against Hassan. Sometimes you need to take that L to make the next step up.

Fair enough though, I’d love to see the fight regardless

Chimaev VS Ramazan Emeev and Mournir Lazzez VS Jake Matthews

I want Chimaev to be fast tracked and fight names.

I dont want to see him fight other tough prospects.

it is a good call.

I would prefer to see him against alex oliveira. big ww, is experienced and a relative known name with good striking. otherwise, perry would be a fun fight, and if he beats him, he would get all attention needed from casuals.

Back