Aleksei Oleinik vs Derrick Lewis This Weekend

AmericanMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to the main event this weekend. Both guys are fun to watch fight.

I really like Oleinik at +205. Harris was able to finish Oleinik quickly and I think Lewis will have to do the same to get the win. If the fight goes long, I believe Oleinik will drag Lewis' hot balls to the mat and submit him.

What do you guys think?

I like Oleinik. I think he'll absorb whatever shots he has to, get into the clinch & take Beast down. Lewis is good at bench pressing guys off him, but I think Oleinik's top game is different than what Lewis has faced before. I also wouldn't put it past Oleinik to clip Lewis, he has heavy hands too & isnt afraid to throw them.

You mentioned the Harris KO, which was more of a sniper shot. Whereas Lewis likes to throw wide, & hasnt been able to hurt anyone for a while with his power. I think he was more devastating before he lost weight.

Close fight to call, but Oleinik at +205 is very tasty. He has more ways to win.

Last edited:
Every time I count Lewis out he surprises me.

I want to say Oleick has a great chance if he can take advantage of Derrick moving forward striking, land a TD and end up on top.....but....Derrick can literally knock him out by way of one good exchange anytime of the fight.

Last edited:
What are the odds on Aleksei by submission? Might be worth a flyer?

I know it's so easy to say it's a close fight.

But if this fight didn't end with a Oleinik sub or a Lewis KO. If it has any other method of victory I'd be massively suprised.
It can always turn into one of THOSE heavyweight fights where we get 25 minutes of air jabs and heavy breathing.

I predict Lewis is going to KO Oleynik via a headkick.

He has been incorporating those into his arsenal and is going to catch tired Oleynik in the 2nd/3rd round.
He throws nice kicks but he spams them too much.

Not sure how smart it is to do that against this dude who will be a problem on the ground.

But i wouldn't be shocked if he lands one. Hes obviously been working on them. They kept Ngannou at bay and scared him into a loss

I think he should win though. Hes super tough to get down and keep there, plus hes got maybe the scariest ground and pound at hw right now. And I think hes got better hands, kicks.. far more ko power.

But this old cat I cant pronounce his name.. hes got like 60 fights and hes crafty. Gonna be fun.

I predict Lewis is going to KO Oleynik via a headkick.

He has been incorporating those into his arsenal and is going to catch tired Oleynik in the 2nd/3rd round.

That is a bold prediction. Lewis throwing kicks opens himself up to being taken down, which is the one sure way Oleinik can win. You never know with Lewis though, guy is unpredictable.

Back