Clay Guida
Jim Miller
Takanori Gomi (I know, I know...)

+ was in one of the best fight ever
AdeptJealousBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

BDT_H3.gif

Never lost by SUB in 43 fights,
So hoping they match him Vs Maia next
(+ that guy doesn't need more punch to the head)

#DiegoBless

Diego ''The Nightmare'' Sanchez

Made is UFC debut in 2005,
Still active 15yrs later.

Notable wins Vs
Nick Diaz
Kenny Florian
Jorge Santiago
Joe Riggs
Clay Guida
Jim Miller
Takanori Gomi (I know, I know...)

+ was in one of the best fight ever
AdeptJealousBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

BDT_H3.gif

Never lost by SUB in 43 fights,
So hoping they match him Vs Maia next
(+ that guy doesn't need more punch to the head)

#DiegoBless
Great fighter. Fun fact, the first mma fight I ever watched was Diego sanchez absolutely destroying some guy on tuf. He’s been around for a long time, and you gotta admire his warrior spirit.

Fair play for lasting this long, shouldn't be fighting still though. His coach is also going to make him take more damage to the head.

I wish he was smarter about his career. His attitude compared to the other guys on TUF showed and payed off, you can tell he was a true martial artist. It seems like Jackson-Wink’s gym has a lot of defectors.

Definitely a fighter cut from the old cloth.

When he goes out there he wants blood. lol

He's a weird mother fucker. I mean, we're all weird in our own way ...but that's a weird mother fucker.

Diego is a big-time underachiever who couldn't win when it mattered. Maybe it's because ...yup, he's a weird mother fucker.

He's one of the most unique guys to ever fight in the UFC. Always gonna be one of my all time favorites.

It’s funny cause they keep trying to feed him to hype trains like Michael pereira and Mickey gall and he always gets the W.

Let's be honest about it, a few of those "notable" wins i thought were bullshit (glad you didn't include Kampmann). Fun fighter to watch nonetheless so not taking anything away from him, fought many wars. Strange dude but I got to meet him in Vegas and he couldn't have been any nicer to us (as well as everyone else that was around).

Also he's a winner of TUF, a reality show which was ridiculed from the get-go by old schoolers, but produced numerous champs and great fighters.

Back in the days there even was an expression, "TUF n00b", which has long since been forgotten.

Also he's a winner of TUF, a reality show which was ridiculed from the get-go by old schoolers, but produced numerous champs and great fighters.

Back in the days there even was an expression, "TUF n00b", which has long since been forgotten.
Which I never understood. I mean, regardless of your opinion of reality TV they compete in a tournament in a short frame of time. You have to be tough, fight smart, and be disciplined as hell to win the thing. If you’re partying, getting into wars, letting emotions get the better of you etc... you won’t win because over 3-4 fights in a 6-8 week period it’s going to tax you, and you will lose.

Most of the TUF winners have gone on to do great things. My question was always more so “would they have had the same success without the show?”

He was, I said WAS, my favorite fighter back when he was ground and pounding the shit out of the welterweight division. THEN, he turned into a caricature of himself, with his ridiculous stares, even more awkward walkouts and then his recent changes in cults, I mean camps. I just can't watch him anymore

It’s funny cause they keep trying to feed him to hype trains like Michael pereira and Mickey gall and he always gets the W.

Gotta love it when the old horse keeps kicking especially when they’re trying to make room for the new studs.

The shit he's into now diminishes his legacy. Fabia, taking that bs win over Pereira, and just not fighting good. Plus the obvious brain damage. I'm still a fan though. Dude has been in some wars over the years.

Doesnt he go by "The Dream" now Or something?
Def entertaining But weird , hes one of those guys who Im surprised is still around honestly , dude has def taken so damage over the years.

He was, I said WAS, my favorite fighter back when he was ground and pounding the shit out of the welterweight division. THEN, he turned into a caricature of himself, with his ridiculous stares, even more awkward walkouts and then his recent changes in cults, I mean camps. I just can't watch him anymore
he was a force to be reckoned with for sure. with his cardio and tenacity, i think if he had used his grappling more he would've have a lot more wins. and he's not a lay'n'pray type guy either.

The interviews he’s done with his coach are pretty hilarious. Coach Fabia said that the UFC were trying to humiliate Diego by giving him the Michel Pereira fight in his hometown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back