Santiago Ponzinibbio

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just realized he wasn’t listed within the UFC’s top 15 WWs. Anyone know the deal?

Kind of weird with how rapidly Gilbert Burns ascended that Ponzinibbio’s hype train has completely vanished. That would make for an amazing scrap.

This is great, one of these threads is made every week :p
Pretty sure he was dealing with some injuries/setbacks... and he's Brazilian right, so pretty sure he has Corvid now

Doesn't matter. Erick Silva is coming for the strap.

Just wait until he matures a bit, still very young and green.

#ErickSilvaWWChamp2021

He apparently had staph for 2 years and now he has Covid

Reminds me of that guy at LW who was doing good at LW and beat Gray Maynard but then just vanished after he was injured. Forgot his name but he was a big dude for the division. Dont think Ponz was a top 3 or maybe 5 WW but would have liked to see him more.

Ponzi's body falling apart

think he also had knee's problems

That’s what happens when you don’t fight.

Remember Leonardo Santos’ hype train? Neither does anyone else, but it happened.

Blood infections ....then staph.....then after getting through all that bad luck - just tested positive but he should be back from that fairly soon. If healthy , true wildcard / threat. I dont see too many in current UFC 170 division . Being that BMMA hasnt made any official green lights , would love to see one ...just ONE crossover card...titles dont have to be on line. Quantity wise, no comparison but they have at least 2 guys that could possibly beat UFC champs ( maybe a 3rd).
Lima and Mousasi agsinst Usman and izz.
UFC guys would be favored ( but mild ) and wouldnt be shocked if both won. They can also put a SICK card around these fights including other crossover matchups.
I know not realistic but under these special conditions the world going thru and bmma fighters currently in limbo--- hmmmmm?????

To me, the answer is this: got USADA'd and keeps talking a bunch of shitty lies to stay relevant as a smoke curtain to hide the truth, nothing more.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that guy at LW who was doing good at LW and beat Gray Maynard but then just vanished after he was injured. Forgot his name but he was a big dude for the division. Dont think Ponz was a top 3 or maybe 5 WW but would have liked to see him more.

TJ Grant.

He has to cycle before he comes for the belt.

Back