Thiago Santos
Jan Blachowicz
Corey Anderson
Glover Teixeira
Anthony Smith
Alexander Gustafsson
Rank increased by 1
Jiri Prochazka

As he said he wants to fight again soon as possible .. so Prochazka vs Anderson in Sep/Oct??

Update - Jiří should be fighting in October/November

Jiří also said that he wants to fight opponents which will guarantee him straight way to title.

(Reyes?,Blachowicz?) - I dont really believe that Reyes or Blachowicz will accept fight with Jiří so i think its going to be Corey Anderson or winner from (Santos-Teixeira) , (Smith - Rakic)

BJP!

Last edited:
His striking actually looked elusive and different compared to most lhw

Lol, he got hit clean though a bunch of times and, if I remember correctly, lost the first round. Then he landed a bomb, but a guy with good fundamentals like Reyes or Jones would starch him if he fights like that I think.

Good thing that LHW is thin as hell. Him vs Anderson is the fight to make.

Volkan was #7 and he knocked Volkan clean out. So this makes perfect sense to me. I’m very excited about his next fight. Can’t wait to find out who they give him.

Lol, he got hit clean though a bunch of times and if I remember correctly, lost the first round. Then he landed a bomb, but a guy with good fundamentals like Reyes or Jones would starch him if he fights like that I think.

he wasnt really rocked it just looked like this if u rewatch match ull hear him yelling back to corner (Jooo - Yeaa) as answer to calm down his corner but yes he cant eat clean punches like this thats for sure!

Give him Corey for his next fight.

Lol, he got hit clean though a bunch of times and if I remember correctly, lost the first round. Then he landed a bomb, but a guy with good fundamentals like Reyes or Jones would starch him if he fights like that I think.

in a division full of brawlers that will stand and bang there’s no way they give him Anderson and let him be smothered for 3 rounds. That’s probably the only matchup I wouldn’t make in the top 8.

in a division full of brawlers that will stand and bang there’s no way they give him Anderson and let him be smothered for 3 rounds. That’s probably the only matchup I wouldn’t make in the top 8.

I mean, if they want to fast-track him and give him a quick turnaround...

Glover is fighting Santos. Jan is next for the title (I think?). Gus is at HW. Smith is fighting Rakic. Cutelaba and Walker would be hilarious, but they are a step back in competition. Reyes imo might starch him, but who knows. It would have to be a #1 contender bout. If Rakic wins, it's a dangerous fight with no name value. If Smith somehow wins, that would be a good one.

Anderson offers some name recognition, and is still susceptible to the KO, having gotten his head knocked clean off 3 times already, one in his last fight. Do you think Reyes is a better matchup or that he should fight someone outside the top 10? I think he can knock Corey the fuck out, lol.

I mean, if they want to fast-track him and give him a quick turnaround...

Glover is fighting Santos. Jan is next for the title (I think?). Gus is at HW. Smith is fighting Rakic. Cutelaba and Walker would be hilarious, but they are a step back in competition. Reyes imo might starch him, but who knows. It would have to be a #1 contender bout. If Rakic wins, it's a dangerous fight with no name value. If Smith somehow wins, that would be a good one.

Anderson offers some name recognition, and is still susceptible to the KO, having gotten his head knocked clean off 3 times already, one in his last fight. Do you think Reyes is a better matchup or that he should fight someone outside the top 10? I think he can knock Corey the fuck out, lol.
You’re better off giving him walker, reyes, Smith or Jan if jones isn’t feeling it yet. Obviously, jones kind of dictates the pace, because if he lands that ngannou fight then Jan needs a partner. I think jans a great fight, better then corey. I think corey was trying to show he could be entertaining to get paid, and got destroyed against Jan for trying to value entertainment over strategy. Idk if he’s make the same mistake against jiri

I’d prefer they don’t fast track him.

A #10-15 would be better. Let him prove the Volkan fight wasn’t a fluke, then give him a top 5 guy.

The way the UFC does things, I’d be surprised if they don’t start mentioning Jon Jones soon...

It looked horrible. Volkan was putting on a clinic in the first round.
Don't know what you were watching. Volkan was game first round but Prochazka was doing fine and then completely destroyed him. I don't know that Prochazka is a champion one day but he's going to be relevant in the division for the foreseeable future.

Back