KD should be auto 10-8

BZeee

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A knockdown is incredibly hard to achieve for most fighters and should be weighted highly.

If a fighter knocks the opponent down, and continues to win the round, even if a finish is not threatened I think we should see a 10-8 just like boxing. You just introduce more 10-7's when the fight is almost finished. A lot of people won't like that because its only 3-5 rounds of combat and hard to recover from but thats the game imo.

It would solve a tremendous amount of judging errors and create a more concise model for how to judge a fight. If you think back on close fights and some title fights the outcome would have been more correct if this form of judging was in place. Recently, max vs volk comes to mind. Conor vs Nate 2 wouldn't have scored so close. Bisping would not have beaten Hendo. The problem with judging is subjectivity and this would only add clarity.

If you can think of any negative results with this judging model please let me know.

How do you score a knockdown where the guy instantly pops back up compared to a knockdown where the guy is seriously hurt? They aren't the same.
You base it on who continues to win the round. If the remainder of the round is competitive you just move it back to 10-9. Think Aldo vs Moraes 1st round. Was basically a KD, aldo hella wobbled, came back strong in the round then moraes scored a late TD and I leaned 10-9 Moraes. Closest example I could think of off top

Last edited:
You base it on who continues to win the round. If the remainder of the round is competitive you just move it back to 10-9. Think Aldo vs Morales 1st round. Was basically a KD, aldo hella wobbled, came back strong in the round then morales scored a late TD and I leaned 10-9 Morales. Closest example I could think of off top

Great job making the scoring criterias much more complicated and retarded so that more and more judges can get it wrong.

You base it on who continues to win the round. If the remainder of the round is competitive you just move it back to 10-9. Think Aldo vs Morales 1st round. Was basically a KD, aldo hella wobbled, came back strong in the round then morales scored a late TD and I leaned 10-9 Morales. Closest example I could think of off top

That still doesn't help. Landing a bomb that hurts your opponent should be weighed above a knockdown that doesn't, that is more of a slip.

No. Shogun vs Henderson had a round or two where Shogun dominated for 4:30 then got dropped and popped back up and continued to dominate yet they gave the round to PED Henderson. The 10 point system has to go, the judging criteria needs to change.

Agreed. You'd think that's how it would be since it's based off the boxing scoring system.

So, if a guy scores 3 kd’s, it’s a 10-6? Or is 1 kd 10-8, but 2 kds also 10-8? If the round was even and you score a flash kd at the last second it’s still 10/8? I don’t think this would solve much.

Nah, just bring in a 10-9.5 round score for very close rounds. That solves the scoring problem immediately.

How do you score a record where both combatants get a knockdown...?
<BC1>
Depends on how close one guy gets to a finish. Lets assume they are both significant shots but not fight finishing for both, then they would just cancel each other out if they happened in the same round. Its a rare situation

So, if a guy scores 3 kd’s, it’s a 10-6? Or is 1 kd 10-8, but 2 kds also 10-8? If the round was even and you score a flash kd at the last second it’s still 10/8? I don’t think this would solve much.
If a guy scores three KD's that fight is over lmao

Multiple KD's would push a 10-7 as he is nearer to a finish

Back