GSP's response to Josh Barnett USADA story

OG Natty Goat...

bLeuFBul.jpg

GSP seems well informed on the subject.

<{fry}>
Everyone in the world knows how to murder someone. I would dare say everyone on Sherdog has planned a murder in their heads (Whoever bashes their fave fighter) But I doubt there are more than a dozen or so actual "Murderers" on Sherdog.

Not every fighter is on steroids and if we are going with the every fighter is on steroids claim to discredit GSP he is still GOAT because everyone is on them.

The guy looks athletically speaking very much the same from early in his career to late in his career. He retired for 4 years and looked the same when he came back. So you think he Roided for 4 years just because? Or maybe the guy has great genetics, has a dedicated lifestyle and trains to keep in shape whether he is fighting or not.

Barnett is no victim of USADA testing. He has been busted for doping before USADA, and failed several tests, and has never been a clean athlete. His is changing the storyline here.

As for GSP, he was not responding to the recent Barnett JRE appearance, as that GSP JRE appearance was from long before.

I know GSP never failed a test.

I know good enough PEDs wont show in tests.

I know GSP was one of the strongest athletes pre-USADA in the steroid era.

I know when USADA came, GSP retired in his early 30s.

I just take the Nate approach to this and say it was equal for everyone back then.
You have some revisionist history going on with that 2nd last sentence. You know GSP retired when USADA came in? He retired before USADA was even being discussed.... GSP is probably the reason they even got USADA..... because someone as respectable as GSP made noise out loud about the k-mart level of drug testing they were doing.

I know GSP never failed a test.

I know good enough PEDs wont show in tests.

I know GSP was one of the strongest athletes pre-USADA in the steroid era.

I know when USADA came, GSP retired in his early 30s.

I just take the Nate approach to this and say it was equal for everyone back then.

GSP retired after doing three title fights in the span of twelve months, and defended that belt nine times in total over six years. With a career that spand two generations of MMA.

Was an open advocate for better drug testing in MMA. Going so far as to seek better drug testing for the last fight on his welterweight reign when the promotion and opponent opted not to.

Nate Diaz is correct, but also a sore loser. That being said Josh Barnett is not someone I would listen to about morals and drug testing in MMA.

Can someone please post GSP's positive PEDs tests?

The way the haters post with some much confidence that he is a PED cheat then I assume that this is a documented fact like Anderson's and Jones several cases.

To me, it is similar to elite (college, Olympic, and professional) track and field/athletics:

They ALL do stuff. It's just that when they go overboard with it, and/or get caught, THEN it's called "cheating" by the others. But they ALL do things. Some more than others.

Yup. I believe all the fighters know practically everyone is doing something to gain an advantage. The ones who get caught are irresponsible in their doping regimens or just plain unlucky.

To me, it is similar to elite (college, Olympic, and professional) track and field/athletics:

They ALL do stuff. It's just that when they go overboard with it, and/or get caught, THEN it's called "cheating" by the others. But they ALL do things. Some more than others.
I agree that they’re all most likely on one thing or the other and when it crosses a certain threshold that’s when it’s “cheating” so if a fighter consistently tests “clean” that’s all us fans can ask for. I mean you look at people like Overeem who claim natty and get heinously caught those are the ones that mean something. But I get the hate on GSP; he beat a lot of people for a long time and never got caught so props to him i guess. But if you look at the physiques of some of his opponents they were just as suspect; Koscheck, Thiago Alves at the time etc; so the Nate approach works

Usman looks just as ripped if not more in the Usada era, while being taller. So does Woodley.

So I guess those guys are on steroids too?
Usman and Woodley have fought numerous times during the USADA era. GSP has not

Back