Is UFC fighter pay bad?

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What is a fair amount for a UFC fighter. Yes not all are the same and thats how it is in every sport.

but can someone give examples of shockingly low fighter pay? Masvidal got 530k, that is really good tbh.

Considering that UFC is bigger than soccer, it's probably a bit on the low side.

usman got 640k + ppv point and he is not draw

ufc treating him very well

Champions make decent money to my knowledge

every body not in the top 10?

whewwwwww

Look at it this way. Court documents revealed UFC pays its fighters 18% of all revenue. The NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL all pay their athletes just about 50% of their revenue.

530k is way low for Masvidal when you consider he probably added 300k+ PPV buys alone just from being on the card. That's an extra $19million in revenue Masvidal himself probably generated.

Look at it this way. Court documents revealed UFC pays its fighters 18% of all revenue. The NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL all pay their athletes just about 50% of their revenue.
But the nba, mlb, nfl. Nhl has individual owners. They are franchises not individual contractors.

yQqDIqq.png

Exactly. I can't believe how many people on here think the champs get paid well. 600k for a profession fighter that is a defending champ. It's almost comical how stingy the UFC is and always has been with paying fighters. Connor is one of the very few that gets even close to what he should.

I realize they will probably never get paid what Pro Boxers do but Usman probably deserved 2.5 times what he got.

The median pay was only 68k in 2018. Anyone with okay smarts and a work ethic can make that without all the cte.

But the nba, mlb, nfl. Nhl has individual owners. They are franchises not individual contractors.
How many extra PPV buys do you think UFC 251 got just by adding Masvidal to the card? Let's be conservative and say 250k. Multiply that by $64.99 and that's $16,247,500 that Masvidal himself generated on PPV sales alone. And that's a conservative number.

Masvidal should be getting paid at least $8 million by the UFC.

How many extra PPV buys do you think UFC 251 got just by adding Masvidal to the card? Let's be conservative and say 250k. Multiply that by $64.99 and that's $16,247,500 that Masvidal himself generated on PPV sales alone. And that's a conservative number.

Lol, and because u sold 100 hamburgers at mcdonalds, do u think u should get a bump in pay? Didnt the ufc also promote masvidal? Gave him a place to fight? If fighters want a percent of the revenue, they should also pay a percent of expenses...ya know like paying the refs, doctors, camera crew, production crew, security, and all the other staff who make it possible for the events to even get put on...lol 8 million

Exactly. I can't believe how many people on here think the champs get paid well. 600k for a profession fighter that is a defending champ. It's almost comical how stingy the UFC is and always has been with paying fighters. Connor is one of the very few that gets even close to what he should.

I realize they will probably never get paid what Pro Boxers do but Usman probably deserved 2.5 times what he got.

That's where PPV comes in for Usman and Jorge. You want him to make 2.5x that? Well with PPV if it did well, which I am sure it did, Usman got a nice amount. If the PPV did 500k, he will get around 1.3 to 1.6 mill. If it does 750K, then he will get 2.0 to 2.4 mill. These are just estimates based on court documents of what a PPV pay looks like for defending champions.

He fights twice a year, he's making good money. On top of that he's got endorsements and publicity events he gets paid for.

Lol, and because u sold 100 hamburgers at mcdonalds, do u think u should get a bump in pay? Didnt the ufc also promote masvidal? Gave him a place to fight? If fighters want a percent of the revenue, they should also pay a percent of expenses...ya know like paying the refs, doctors, camera crew, production crew, security, and all the other staff who make it possible for the events to even get put on...lol 8 million

That's literally the worst analogy I've ever read in my life.

Congratulations.

You do realize that the UFC doesn't get all the revenues and 40% goes to the cable providers. I don't know how the taxes on revenues work on that as well. They have marketing and operating costs as well. It's not so simple as just to calculate 250K PPVs x the price and give Jorge half.

That's literally the worst analogy I've ever read in my life.

Congratulations.
How is that a bad example? Why do people think its fair to just get more money? Why don’t u oy more for ppvs then? What about contracts? The fighter agreed to the contract. Crying unfair after agreeing to something holds no weight.

How can anyone really measure what the reasoning behind the ppv numbers are?

How is that a bad example? Why do people think its fair to just get more money? Why don’t u oy more for ppvs then? What about contracts? The fighter agreed to the contract. Crying unfair after agreeing to something holds no weight.

How can anyone really measure what the reasoning behind the ppv numbers are?

Because people aren't going to buy extra burgers from McDonalds based on who is working there that day.

Its good at the top, terrible at the bottom

Back