Dana May Not Renew Contract with Paige

Should Dana give PVZ a new UFC contract?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5f084e0caee6a86b9674ea1e

“I like Paige... When you talk all that stuff saying, ‘I’m not being paid enough’ and all that, you know.... Fighting inconsistently.... one time in the last year... and her injuries. And then you got smoked in the first round of this fight. She should definitely test free agency.”

Bellator won’t be paying what she really wants.

but at the end of the day there’s no Reebok/Venum deal there so she can get as many sponsorships for fight night as she can and let’s face it she’s exactly the type of fighter that will get a lot of money from sponsorships.

seems like the right place for her. I’m a fan and I think she could gain traction in the ufc again but Coker is a good dude and Vanderford is already there. What’s keeping her in the UFC at this point? She could probably walk away without a second thought.

That said, I think it’s kind of petty for Dana to frame things this way. Just the notion of kicking someone while they’re down but also implying that because she got starched her desire for more money was somehow unfounded.

If I were Paige Vanzant, I would try my hardest to keep the contract... but never actually fight again. That way, she can keep her shitty gimmick on Instagram of being a "UFC fighter." That is the only thing that makes her different from all the Insta-hoes and grants her some credibility.

Not to undermine her career, of course. She has some wins in the UFC, which technically means she deserves to be called a UFC fighter, but let's be real - she's gotta get nowhere in the UFC and she's gonna keep getting peanuts because she will never be very good. In other words, her being called a UFC fighter is the best thing that she can get out of her contract. She will make a lot more on Instagram, and like I previously mentioned, the "I'm a UFC fighter... that's a girl!" will attract some extra thirsty geeks that are into that shit.

She could probably make way more in Bellator due to sponsors.

Reactions: 1AM
Dana already had the exit plan for Paige in motion 2 years ago when he brought Austin onto the Contender Series hoping he'd lose. When he finished the fight in dominating fashion, Dana still didn't give him a contract. Paige still had 2 fights left on her contract at the time, but with her injuries it took 2 more years to finish her contract, or else he would have let her go sooner. He's that much of prickass.

Back