Why ppl thought max won

Kaiserjuan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I believe it was a draw actually but if I really really have to choose a winner it's gonna be Volk.

I can understand though why ppl believe max won:

1) Volk looks like an overgrown 13yo man compared t max. The size difference was stunning.

2) BC of point 1, Volk seemed to be reaching too much and sometimes was hitting air....that don't make him look good

3)His first win was decisive and clear but max and his fans kinda made it out to be a close fight, or a win for Max. It wasn't, it was a technical fight were Holloway was outstruck for most of the fight. With all of this going on, ppl expected a more convincing win from Volk.

4) Volk tends t back up and counterstrike , he actually had some beautiful counterstriking in this fights. This though, with him being smaller and having to over-reach, makes him look like he's struggling

At the end of the day:

- Preeeeide rules: max wins it bc of damages and knockdowns

-Unified rules: Volk edges it but would be good with either winning

1,2,3 Max. 4,5 Volk. A few of them were pretty close, though. I need to rewatch and I reserve the right to change my opinion.

Volk had been staggered twice and dropped once in rounds 1 and 2, Max just seemed to be more effective in the early rounds, even if his total strikes were slightly less.

Bisping and the bus commentary = why some thought max won . But no , had volkan winning 3,4,5

max fucked himself with that last round.
we thought he won bc he should have won. he looked SEXIER, if you will until the end

Pretty easy fight to break down scoring wise. Max clearly won 1 and 2, Volk clearly won 4 and 5. Round 3 was close as shit and could go either way.

way she goes. I guess it felt a bit weird to give to Volk because Max got knockdowns but honestly they weren't like clean strikes that put the guy off his feet, just off balanced him while he was moving and he popped up. The uppercut was clean tho.

really it all comes down to round 3
watch just that round and score it, thats the winner
for now all i have are strike stats: 25 to 15 max

Max had the best two rounds of the fight, whereas the rounds Volk won were squeakers...

It is what it is... I hope he got paid for that amazing fight and those adjustments he showed. dude seriously is one of the very best in the world. not being able to finish strong really took away what was an incredible rematch for max

1,2,3 Max.
4,5 Volk.

And I didn't think Max had any chance to win this one... (I thought he lost the first fight).
Zoom training is a thing!!!

Back