Fighters reaction: Max v Volkanovski

3 4 5 Volk....should be no “robbery claims”.

Round 3 was close enough to be scored either way and probably should have been 10-10, but that never happens.
I had Max winning both 3 & 4, losing 5. 4-1 Max. Decision was a disgrace.

i knew who ever won it was going to be a lot of bitching.
max max draw alex alex.
so sick of the coin flip judging. the judges should be interviewed to hear their reasoning. why didn't they agree?

I had Max winning, but it was close. You can't really bitch about close fights. At least there weren't any absurd scorecards that had it 4 rounds to 1 for either guy. They were all 3-2 and you really could make an argument for it going either way.

I'm an Aussie. Love both guys. But I was super surprised when Volk one. So was a friend I watched with

He's a stand up guy Volk. I like him a lot. This won't sit well with him, and I bet he'd want to fight Max again next. Corner won't let him though, he'll be forced to move on. They got lucky and why risk a loss the 3rd time?

Like I say though, the "Champ" will be restless given how proud the guy is. He knows inside that he got away with one.

upload_2020-7-12_9-27-3-jpeg.782171

That's pretty disrespectful to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder. They would have scored for Holloway...

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. This is why dana and his stupid ass matchmakers shouldn't have pushed the immediate rematch. Now, max imo, won. He looked better than ever. He looked better than the cub Swanson, aldo and Stephens fights. He got robbed and now he's a gatekeeper.

Had they done what they were supposed to and actually embraced volkanovski as the champion instead of forcing him to fight max again, hoping he'd lose, maybe zombie would've won. Maybe if max fought and beat yair and maybe kattar or someone he'd come in with the adjustments he came in with last night and a momentum swing. Who knows what would've happened. Now what?! Is max gonna start killing off contenders for volkanovski like what aldo was doing? Bullshit fuck the ufc. Matchmaking sucks in the UFC.

And now dana is dodging questions about sterling yan, talking about, "we'll discuss this on Wednesday, as if there's anyone else worthy of that title shot"

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. This is why dana and his stupid ass matchmakers shouldn't have pushed the immediate rematch. Now, max imo, won. He looked better than ever. He looked better than the cub Swanson, aldo and Stephens fights. He got robbed and now he's a gatekeeper.

Had they done what they were supposed to and actually embraced volkanovski as the champion instead of forcing him to fight max again, hoping he'd lose, maybe zombie would've won. Maybe if max fought and beat yair and maybe kattar or someone he'd come in with the adjustments he came in with last night and a momentum swing. Who knows what would've happened. Now what?! Is max gonna start killing off contenders for volkanovski like what aldo was doing? Bullshit fuck the ufc. Matchmaking sucks in the UFC.

And now dana is dodging questions about sterling yan, talking about, "we'll discuss this on Wednesday, as if there's anyone else worthy of that title shot"

Interesting perspective. Nice post!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back