The BMF belt is officially worth more than the WW strap now

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
People want to see exciting fights. They want characters and they want story lines they care about.

More people will want to see Masvidals next fight then Usman leaning on someone else for 5 rounds.

Even in losing, this fight proved the BMF belt is sadly worth more than the WW strap now.

Nate - Mas rematch is by far the biggest fight in the division or anything involving Mcregor.

Last edited:
I don't think it shows the strength of the bmf belt, it's more of the weakness of the actual belt (not that it really matters) but I think this is an effect of all the intern belts floating around and also favoritism for some champs and letting them hold up divisions for a year meanwhile other guys get stripped in a week if they dont agree to another fight 4 months later.

I don’t think Usman would’ve fought the same way if he had been preparing for Masvidal. On 6 days notice, he picked the safe route and kept his belt. He’d be a fool not to.

Hoping Usman’s next fight resembles the Colby fight

Bore the fuck out of everyone and lose money for the UFC?
It's about winning for him, that's his job. He's underpaid as it is, why should he care about the UFC losing money. If he made them money he would not see any of it anyway lol.

I don’t think Usman would’ve fought the same way if he had been preparing for Masvidal. On 6 days notice, he picked the safe route and kept his belt. He’d be a fool not to.

Hoping Usman’s next fight resembles the Colby fight
Usman has been a boring decision machine for most of his career. I’m not sure why most people would expect that to change.

I don't get it really. Yeah, that fight was pretty boring but all I see is whining, no solutions. More artificial ref manipulation like stand ups/break ups to give certain fighters better chance of winning? A scoring system that penalises grappling? It wasn't like in some fights where a fighter gets outstruck but wins by "control", no, what little offense Usman did offer was still more than Masvidal. So what's the point of complaining? MMA is like this sometimes. It's part of the game.

I recognize the dominance, but God damn Usman is boring as fuck. I’ve been watching the sport for 14 years, and I have never seen a champion as boring as Usman. There were points in the clinch, he was stalling obviously. He was seconds from getting it broke and he would make the most insignificant strike to keep it tied up.
Also, foot stomps should be illegal. It is a bullshit strike that is not easily defended by anybody in that position.

People can say GSP did the same thing, but at least GSP always attempted to improve his position and not just hold someone in the clinch. I can’t wait until one of the real challenges in the division faces Usman. We need a new WW champion, because the sport will never grow if you keep putting that as a main event.

Did anybody not notice the amount of animosity that Dana has towards Masvidal? Masvidal has been very outspoken, not even at Dana which is why it's so funny Dana is pissed, but with the company. Even going on ESPN and talking about how the UFC is low-balling him and he won't take a fight unless he's paid what he's worth. First thing I noticed was during fight week; Dana started blabbing about how well the PPV was trending and comparing it to doing as well as Khabib/Conor was. Naturally reporters praised Masvidal for stepping up saying that's probably a big reason why and Dana brushes it off saying "Masvidal isn't the only reason this thing is trending". Knowing damn well, this PPV was going to get a few hundred extra thousand buys because of Masvidal.

Another thing I noticed to is during faceoffs after weigh-ins. Dana is weird with who he shakes hands with, or knuckle bumps, but MOST of the time he initiates the contact first, others he will wait. When the chicks come out of course his hand goes flying out for a handshake. Other guys come out he initiates a knuckle bump... but with Jorge, he does nothing and waits for Jorge to initiate that contact. You can just read his body language in these situations to see what I mean.

Then last in the post fight presser; Dana praised Usman, calling him a beast and saying that he doesn't know why people are saying Masvidal only had 6 days notice and that he had been training for this fight for a long time. Was training with a lot of high level wrestlers and was in great shape. Which may be true to an extent, but it was funny to see him write that off so quickly. Usman LITERALLY stalled against the cage with weak foot stomps, knees to the inner thing, for over TEN MINUTES OF THE FIGHT. That's two rounds total spent hugging Masvidal against the cage. This was an extremely boring fight and Dana actually praised it. Was shocking because we've seen him bash other main event fighters and champions for far less.

I recognize the dominance, but God damn Usman is boring as fuck. I’ve been watching the sport for 14 years, and I have never seen a champion as boring as Usman. There were points in the clinch, he was stalling obviously. He was seconds from getting it broke and he would make the most insignificant strike to keep it tied up.
Also, foot stomps should be illegal. It is a bullshit strike that is not easily defended by anybody in that position.

People can say GSP did the same thing, but at least GSP always attempted to improve his position and not just hold someone in the clinch. I can’t wait until one of the real challenges in the division faces Usman. We need a new WW champion, because the sport will never grow if you keep putting that as a main event.
I agree, I respect what Usman did, but that was painful to watch.

The struggle is, who can beat Usman? He showed as per usual, even if he cannot get a TD, he'll just resort to 25min of clinch fighting. I don't see anyone right now, that is able to handle Usman's pressure and blanket wrestling. Unfortunately, I think he will be champ for a while longer.

People want to see exciting fights. They want characters and they want story lines they care about.

More people will want to see Masvidals next fight then Usman leaning on someone else for 5 rounds.

Even in losing, this fight proved the BMF belt is sadly worth more than the WW strap now.

Nate - Mad rematch is by far the biggest fight in the division or anything involving Mcregor.

Sounds like you want WWE...? I don't need characters, story lines, over the top trash talking, a 1001 tattoos, just two guys who have trained hard and picked a day & time to fight.

Seems like you'd rather watch actors than real fighters?

Like why didnt Usman go out there and play to Masvidal's strengths and get himself ko'd for the casuals.. selfish

He should've just stood hands down center cage and let Masvidal fly across the cage with a Superman punch...

Back