No talk about Jiri?

noizer

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I am suprised there is no thread to be found on the first page about his match from last night. One of the better fights of the night imo. The LHW division desperately needs new blood and i think Jiri is one of the most overlooked signings of this year.

The guy is a very entertaining fighter and a proven finisher who is still young and in his prime. He has some work to do regarding his defencive skills but he always fought like this and he usually gets tagged before destroying his opponents.

Championship material? At this point i dont think so but he certainly has the talent to make it into the top five with plenty of time to improve his skills so who knows.

I am a huge fan since his Rizin days and i hope more people appreciate this up and coming lhw contender.

Both looked great, both are a problem for the LHW division especially since they're both rather young. One of the best fights of the night easily.
Great fight by Jiri.

I'm a fan, guy comes across a little crazy and he brings the heat. Commentators for about once in the night were right when they said no one finished Volkan as brutally before. Has power that can trouble anyone, could be a new contender that the LHW division desperately needs particularly if he tightens up his striking defense a bit.

My favorite fight of the night was actually Jiri - Oezdemir. Looking forward to see what he can do at LHW.

My dude made me some $$$ last night ( had a tough day at the track, though [ horses] ). Him and Rose got me back a chunk of my losings.

Seriously, Jiri should be the biggest story coming out of last night. UFC designed oezdy- jiri as ppv lead in otherwise it wouldve been on main card. 205 is thirsty for some stars. Everything else pretty much went as planned last night . Volk max fight also will and should be talked about.

We have a new contender in the UFC in Jiri, but I have a feeling Oz is in the process of being cut with that loss.

We have a new contender in the UFC in Jiri, but I have a feeling Oz is in the process of being cut with that loss.
i dont think the ufc has the luxury to cut one of their lhw contenders as the division is very shallow at the moment so for now i think Volkan is safe.

Denisa looked like an animal last night.
Putting no time lights out is impressive however you look at it.
Maybe he's from those Denisovan guys who dwelled in caves. Looked like some bronze age human inside there.

First time i see him fight and it's weird, volkan was beating him up pretty good buthbut was fine still doing antics and all,then round 2 he set him up really good with the high kick and destroy him.
I don't know if it's me but i feel like that was his plan from the start.

First time i see him fight and it's weird, volkan was beating him up pretty good buthbut was fine still doing antics and all,then round 2 he set him up really good with the high kick and destroy him.
this is how it goes in alot of his fights. Often he finds himself in some sort of trouble before firing it up and going for the finish.

he def changed his style from rd1 to rd2, I was SHOCKED when he got super aggressive in rd2, the fucker lured Oezdemir into his trap.

YxbxdJ.gif

Eh Volkan in his prime I think sleeps him, hence why not too many people are impressed.

Volkan is obviously passed it at this point. He used to eat Rumble's best shots in sparring and had never even been dropped in any of his fights.

I liked watching Jiri fight, seemed like he's 1 step away from being knocked out himself... The way he looked away from his opponent and kept his hands low, that's a confusing style to fight. His defense is very dependant on his reaction, as his chin was high, no hands up.

I think a striker with more speed will be a tough fight for Jiri.

Definitely looking forward to watching more of his fights,.

Calma calma, we’re still recovering after that Johnny Walker failure.
At this point nobody is claiming Jiri is the next big thing but i dont think you can deny that he is a talented and exciting fighter.

a matchup between him and Walker would be fun btw but i think they will give Jiri another top 10 fighter next and rightfully so.

Reactions: Arn
Back