Media "Boring" has been trending on Twitter since the first round of the main event

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 5.21.25 AM.png

This is terrible a look for Usman. Dude just burned himself with casuals.

Last edited:
Let's not point fingers at just casuals, even hardcore fans find his strategy boring. You don't have to like every style/strategy in MMA to be a hardcore fan.

I'm not saying that the fight wasn't legitimately boring.

Just pointing out that any chance of doing even mediocre numbers on PPV from now on are done for the guy.

I'm not saying that the fight wasn't legitimately boring.

Just pointing out that any chance of doing even mediocre numbers on PPV from now on are done for the guy.
Oh he's definitely going to be the least popular champion. It's laughable that he thinks the GSP fight makes sense.

Let's not point fingers at just casuals, even hardcore fans find his strategy boring. You don't have to like every style/strategy in MMA to be a hardcore fan.

I think it has less to do with strategy but his skill set. Snoozman is a good Wrestler but not elite. He uses his brute strength and size. He lacks BJJ game totally. He is not a submission threat. He lacks Gnp . He is a typical lay and prey fighter . His stand up is ok not bad but not good either he aint knouckin fighters out. What you end is a skill set of mainly strong strength and big size and thats mostly how he can win. His fighting style is total opposite of khabib who is most aggressive skilled grappling phenom.

And usman cough Snoozman is Snoozman

I think it has less to do with strategy but his skill set. Snoozman is a good Wrestler but not elite. He uses his brute strength and size. He lacks BJJ game totally. He is not a submission threat. He lacks Gnp . He is a typical lay and prey fighter . His stand up is ok not bad but not good either he aint knouckin fighters out. What you end is a skill set of mainly strong strength and big size and thats mostly how he can win. His fighting style is total opposite of khabib.
Relying on size to lay and pray is the worst part of mma. The only silver lining is that fighters like that have ZERO chance of conquering a heavier weight class.

Relying on size to lay and pray is the worst part of mma. The only silver lining is that fighters like that have ZERO chance of conquering a heavier weight class.
Exectly . Khabib grappling skills are levels better than snoozman so my point is it has to do with skill

I think it has less to do with strategy but his skill set. Snoozman is a good Wrestler but not elite. He uses his brute strength and size. He lacks BJJ game totally. He is not a submission threat. He lacks Gnp . He is a typical lay and prey fighter . His stand up is ok not bad but not good either he aint knouckin fighters out. What you end is a skill set of mainly strong strength and big size and thats mostly how he can win. His fighting style is total opposite of khabib who is most aggressive skilled grappling phenom.

And usman cough Snoozman is Snoozman

It's up to his opponents to overcome that challenge. He's winning. They're losing.

I know that the popular opinion is that he's boring - but he isn't. It's his oppnents who are boring by not having the skillset to knock out people left and right when presented with an actual challenge.

When Usman put fans to sleep, can it be considered a mass KO? He might be KO'ing people right and left. Just not in the octagon.

I live in Europe and have to wake up to watch UFC in the middle of the night. I had a little nap doing Usman pushing Masvidal into the fence for a good 23 minutes.

Next time, I'm betting on Usman. Win by foot stomps.

Khabib is trending too, at least in Twitter France, some casuals are comparing him to Usman lol.

He has a no risk fighting style and implemented it well. Also its not the most exciting style. Still people will watch him, Gues alot more people will tune in to watch him lose then to watch him win imo.
cb5256884f4e14ee3c429f2c7acf7d7d.gif

Back