Matchups to make after UFC 251

JustAkidFrom209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rose rightfully deserves a shot at Zhang. Pretty good fight, can easily be the co-main of a big card.

Juri (the guy that slept Volkan) seems to be a beast, I’d like to see him face Krylov or Rakic. Decent matchups for the dude.

Petr Yan vs Sterling is an obvious matchup to make, but I would honestly not mind Moraes getting the shot instead. Even Cody is a good fight but best is Sterling.

Aldo just needs to retire or go to 145. I would absolutely love to see him vs Barboza. That’s a fucking barn burner.

Holloway - winner of Kattar/Ige and Volk should test his skills against Zombie or the winner of Yair vs Zabit.

Masvidal should fight Leon, simple as that. Wouldn’t mind seeing against Diaz but with a win over Nate he wouldn’t get a TS.

Usman vs Burns or Colby. Any will do.

Are you a fight fan or not?

Would I like to see the fight? Yes.

Wouldn't do anything in terms of rankings, titles or whatever, though.

And aren't we, the sherdoggers, here to NOT propose funny fights, but be serious?

Masvidal should fight Colby or Leon, though I doubt he's down for either. Usman should fight Gilbert asap.

Yan vs Sterling, no other fight makes sense. Moraes got molested by Cejudo and didn't impress against Aldo. Cody is 1-3 in his last 4. Yan and Sterling is the only fight to make in that division.

Max and Volk should really be fighting again, since Max won that damn fight. That bad decision screws thing up. I guess you give Volk KZ or Zabit and you give Max the other.

Aldo should probably retire, or take a step back in comp for at least a fight. Thug Rose gets a title shot.

Martin Day vs Felipe Corales
Davey Grant vs Khalid Taha
Karol Rosa vs Bea Malecki
Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs Bruno Da Silva
Raulian Paiva vs Matt Schnell
Maxim Grishin vs Ben Sosoli
Marcin Tybura vs Maurice Greene
Roman Bogatov vs Max Rohskopf
Leonardo Santos vs Jim Miller
Danny Henry vs Julio Arce
Makwan Amirkhani vs Nate Landwehr
Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos vs Anthony Martin
Muslim Salikhov vs Belal Muhammad
Volkhan Oezdemir vs Johnny Walker
Jiri Prochazka vs Nikita Krylov
Paige VanZant vs Wu Yanan
Amanda Ribas vs Tecia Torres
Jessica Andrade vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk 2
Rose Namajunas vs Weili Zhang
Jose Aldo vs Raphael Assuncao
Petr Yan vs Aljamain Sterling
Max Holloway vs Josh Emmett
Alexander Volkanovski vs Yair/Zabit winner
Jorge Masvidal vs Colby Covington
Kamaru Usman vs Gilbert Burns

Masvidal should fight Colby or Leon, though I doubt he's down for either. Usman should fight Gilbert asap.

Yan vs Sterling, no other fight makes sense. Moraes got molested by Cejudo and didn't impress against Aldo. Cody is 1-3 in his last 4. Yan and Sterling is the only fight to make in that division.

Max and Volk should really be fighting again, since Max won that damn fight. That bad decision screws thing up. I guess you give Volk KZ or Zabit and you give Max the other.

Aldo should probably retire, or take a step back in comp for at least a fight. Thug Rose gets a title shot.
I also thought Max won but same fight 3 times
in a row sounds boring. A fresher matchup is more exciting imho.

I also thought Max won but same fight 3 times
in a row sounds boring. A fresher matchup is more exciting imho.
I'd be down to see them both take a different opponent. A third fight seems inevitable unless somebody takes one of them out.

Masvidal vs Colby
Send Usman to shovel dirt in Nigeria.
Yan vs Moraes
Volk vs Zabit/Yair
Jiri vs Spann
Volk should fight KZ not Zabit/Yair i know KZ have issues with Ortega but when the UFC makes this fight I think KZ will beat Ortega then he will fight Volk for the title

Volk vs Zombie
Max vs Zabit
Yan vs Aljo
Aldo vs Garbrandt
Usman vs Burns
Masvidal vs Colby/Edwards
1.Max will Demolish Zabit this is Max easiest fight 2. Cody should fight and beats Moraes if he wants to fight for the title

1.Max will Demolish Zabit this is Max easiest fight 2. Cody should fight and beats Moraes if he wants to fight for the title
I'd also be cool with Cody vs Moraes, but if not I'd want to see Moraes fight Munhoz instead.

Usman vs Burns
Masvidal vs Covington
Volkanovski vs KZ
Holloway vs Emmett or Kattar/Ige winner
Yan vs Sterling
Aldo vs Cruz
Namajunas vs Zhang
Andrade vs JJ
Ribas vs Esparza
PVZ vs Kassem
Prochazka vs Cirkunov
Oezdemir vs Krylov

The Winners
Kamaru Usman vs. Gilbert Burns (WW Title)
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Zabit/Yair winner (FW Title)
Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling (BW Title)
Jiri Prochazka vs. Teixeira/Santos winner
Muslim Salikhov vs. Geoff Neal
Makwan Amirkhani vs. Ramos/Murphy winner
Leonardo Santos vs. Islam Makhachev
Marcin Tybura vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
Raulian Paiva vs. Brandon Moreno
Davey Grant vs. Mario Bautista

The Losers
Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz II
Max Holloway vs. Josh Emmett
Jose Aldo vs. TJ Dillashaw
Volkan Oezdemir vs. Nikita Krylov
Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos vs. Alex Morono
Danny Henry vs. Nad Narimani
Roman Bogatov vs. Stevie Ray
Maxim Grishin vs. Johnny Walker
Zhalgas Zhamagulov vs. Mark De La Rosa
Martin Day vs. Miles Johns

The welterweight title (and implications for the rest of the division)
Usman vs Burns.
Edwards vs Wonderboy for next shot.
Masvidal vs Colby (I think Edwards - Masvidal makes more sense, cuz Wonderboy would be a stretch for a title shot, but if Edwards loses that, you have no next contender)

The featherweight title (and implications for the division)

Zombie and Ortega better get made quick, or else fuck it, go straight to:
Volk vs Zombie
Zabit vs Yair for next (which, for fuck's sake Zabit, should be a goddamned 5-rounder)
Holloway vs Kattar/Ige winner (Holloway shouldn't drop too far, but should need a fight or three before the trilogy, so he should get a high ranked winner)

The bantamweight title (and implications for the division)

Sterling defends his title against Yan. (Get that fake belt outta my face)
Not many definite number 1 contender fights unless Moraes waits for his shot, otherwise, he can fight Sandhagen.
Cody should wait for Munhoz/Edgar winner.
Aldo is 2 losses in a new division after a long career. Despite his high regard, he should drop a bunch in rankings and consider his current drive. Throw some suggestions at him and Cruz for a stay busy fight between 2 vets who could be higher ranked than they currently deserve.

The strawweight title (and implications for the divisions)
Rose vs Zhang
Jessica's next fight is hard to call. Suarez still got neck problems. Nina's due with child in September. Joanna rematch is always there if Joanna is still interested, but the division is otherwise stalled until Esparza-Rodriguez and Xiaonan-Gadelha plays out.
Unless the UFC gives Ribas a ranked flyweight, she drops back to Straw with limited options. If I had to book her now, it's against Torres, the only one around her unbooked. If you wanna wait: I think if Rodriguez and Xiaonan win, they deserve to be bumped to top consideration, the top 5ish area, but if Esparza or Gadelha win, either are good for an interesting Ribas grappling matchup. There's already a fair few fights on the books, so it's hard to fix right now, just gotta wait.
zQO3CR4.png

The rest of the card
If we are offering Ribas a ranked opponent to stay at flyweight, #12 Montana de La Rosa
Paige VanZant vs Deanna Bennett (Invicta)
Jiri Prochazka vs Corey Anderson
Volkan Oezdemir vs Nikita Krylov
Muslim Salikhov vs Jake Matthews
Elizeu Zaleski Dos Santos vs Warlley Alves
Mawkan Amirkhani vs Andre Fili
Danny Henry vs Chase Hooper
Leonardo Santos vs Dariush/Holtzman winner
Roman Bogatov vs Marcin Wrzosek (KSW)

Pre-prelims
Marcin Tybura vs Pessoa/Tafa winner
Maxim Grishin vs Ben Sosoli
Raulian Paiva vs David Dvorak
Zhalagas Zhumagulov vs Bruno Silva
Karol Rosa vs Kianzad/Correia winner
Vanessa Melo should be cut for 3 losses and missing weight by 5 pounds or fed to a featherweight to bolster someone's wins up there, like Norma Dumont Viana
Davey Grant vs Benito Lopez.
Martin Day to PFL.. vs Bao Yincang? Idk.

Last edited:
Back