It is ok to give Aldo a TS after a close fight, but pretending he dominated is despicable

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
This is in regard to the UFC 251 countdown episode.

Aldo's own words... He dominated every round. The UFC puts together all these clips stating how "dominating" he was. They then show Rogan saying that he had Aldo winning the fight based on volume of strikes. Um...
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 10.45.48 AM.png

For those of you unaware how to put your man feelings aside, this is called a pick em fight. You think Aldo won? Cool. You think Moraes won? Cool. I had it a draw personally. But I agree with Aldo getting the shot since Moraes already fought for the title. That said, Aldo is classless for pretending he dominated any round of that fight just because he swung at more air and didn't get merked at 135 like people thought.
Moraes dcision.png

This is in regard to the UFC 251 countdown episode.

Aldo's own words... He dominated every round. They then show Rogan saying that he had Aldo winning the fight based on volume of strikes. Um...
View attachment 781244

For those of you unaware how to put your man feelings aside, this is called a pick em fight. You think Aldo won? Cool. You think Moraes won? Cool. I had it a draw personally. But I agree with Aldo getting the shot since Moraes already fought for the title. That said, Aldo is classless for pretending he dominated any round of that fight just because he swung at more air and didn't get merked at 135 like people thought.
View attachment 781245

UFC gonna UFC. I personally thought Aldo won against Moraes and I still think this title shot and the entire narrative around it is a joke when you got Sterling ready to go. I'd be down for Moraes and Aldo to have a 5 round rematch, but this whole situation is silly.

UFC gonna UFC. I personally thought Aldo won against Moraes and I still think this title shot and the entire narrative around it is a joke when you got Sterling ready to go. I'd be down for Moraes and Aldo to have a 5 round rematch, but this whole situation is silly.
I scored it a draw but I see the argument for Aldo winning. What is erroneous to me is that it's not even close to being one of the worst decisions of the year for the UFC to take the side that he was robbed of a dominant performance.

This fight was very similar in competition to Yoel and Costa. You could say either guy won and there isn't really a definitive argument for or against it.

The way they've treated Moraes is a fucking disgrace. They push him back in the division as though he lost and then push a false version of the fight to make him look bad.

Nobody cares what the scorecards say Aldo was the clear winner and superior fighter.
To you, but not according to any objective data including stats, media scores, etc.

I would love to hear a breakdown of how he proved to be the clear winner and superior fighter while addressing scoring criteria.

The way they've treated Moraes is a fucking disgrace. They push him back in the division as though he lost and then push a false version of the fight to make him look bad.
I fully understand Aldo getting the shot, but they should have booked it as a fight that could have went either way and Moraes just had a shot so Aldo is out for double champ status.

They did not have to pretend it was one-sided and Aldo is delusional as usual.

What I find despicable is the way the ufc operates and forces their fighters to fight in an uneven playing field where not only do they ultimately engineer who gets the easy title shot, but also most probably fix fights through "incompetent judging". Anyone believing that has been conditioned by them into doing so. I don't believe that they have zero say in it. The fact they don't advocate for change says it all.

Reactions: D'z
I could see Aldo getting a shot considering Marlon had recently lost to Cejudo, but since this is for a vacant title it probably should've been Marlon vs Yan or Marlon vs Aldo II(would be a great fight over 5 rounds)

After getting robbed of his FW rematch against Conor.

I'm fine with Jose getting an undeserved title shot.
I'm fine with him getting the shot but UFC did Moraes dirty pretending he was annihilated by Aldo and Aldo himself is delusional. This karma will come back to bite him. It always does.

He did lose that fight tho

I could see Aldo getting a shot considering Marlon had recently lost to Cejudo, but since this is for a vacant title it probably should've been Marlon vs Yan or Marlon vs Aldo II(would be a great fight over 5 rounds)
Either way (as my OP says) I have no issue with Aldo getting the shot based on that Marlon already had his TS. But Aldo dominating that fight is a joke. It was a pick em at best. I watched it closely and was completely under the impression it could easily go either way and was surprised to hear Rogan riding Aldo's schlong. I actually scored it a draw but knew Marlon won 1, lost 2, and won key moments of the 3rd.

Unpopular but I had Moraes 29-28.

Very close fight. It was by no means a robbery

Unpopular but I had Moraes 29-28.

Very close fight. It was by no means a robbery
There is absolutely nothing wrong with either guy winning that 29-28. Marlon clearly lost the second and won the first. The third had Aldo taking his foot off the gas and Marlon winning key moments of the third.

Close fight. I think Moraes took it 29-28.

giphy.gif

I'm fine with him getting the shot but UFC did Moraes dirty pretending he was annihilated by Aldo and Aldo himself is delusional. This karma will come back to bite him. It always does.

I agree with all of your points.

Life sucks. I feel sorry for Marlon. Met the guy the morning after he KO'd Rivera in Utica, and he's 100% class.

But my statement on Aldo still stands.

I have no issue with Marlon taking on the winner. He deserves it.

I agree with all of your points.

Life sucks. I feel sorry for Marlon. Met the guy the morning after he KO'd Rivera in Utica, and he's 100% class.

But my statement on Aldo still stands.

I have no issue with Marlon taking on the winner. He deserves it.
That Utica arena was so personal. Small but legit.

Back