Help me out here, Usman can't eat any of Jorge's punches now???

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I don't get it.

WB ate a couple of Mas' punches, and Maia ate many and still pulled it off. Mas isn't some heavy handed behemoth but rather a precise, calculated striker with exceptional timing...

That said, unless he does some stupid shit like leave his chin hanging and lunge in (like Till) or dive recklessly for a double leg (ala Askren) , you better believe that Usman is eating Mas punches like cookies for a good few rounds at least.

Usman has one of the best chins in MMA and is a physical specimen in every sense of the word. Also, why doesn't someone explain to me the logic that Mas can eat Usmans punches?

Convince me ....
Not trying to argue here, I'm interested in a good convo

Last edited:
Well, Usman got rocked by Colby several times and Masvidal is in all likelylook a better, and more powerful striker than Colby.
I'm not saying it will happen, but wouldn't be shocked to see Masvidal hurt him badly either.

How does Usman have one of the best chins in MMA?

It's barely been tested.

I would bet on Mas being able to hurt Usman honestly.

Just look at his head. It's obvious he has an iron chin. You could also argue that he showed it against Colby.

Masvidal probably wont even hit as hard as i doubt he'll be in the same shape he was vs Till, Nate & Askren.

It's more hope than anything with these weirdos.

Apparently usman is a scrub to most of the online mma world.

Remember Woodley was underdog in all but one of his title fights.

These low iq people can't compartmentalise their feelings towards things.

If they're clean, no definitely not. Especially in the first rounds. Usman has atrocious defense and almost non existent head movement. WB has great head movement and footwork. Awful comparison.

It's not just about "power" and "eating punches", shots you don't see coming hurt you more and Más is excellent at setting traps, is ambidextrous, and has great reflexes. If Usman really does keep it standing like you claimed in your other thread, he's getting slept, yes. Accept it. No one's saying Más is the favorite, but if Usman gives Más the fight he wants, you better believe Jorge is going to take advantage.

Last edited:
Usman has tons of heart that's for sure. I have no reason to believe Mas can't hurt him tho

Mas is a way more accurate and precise striker than Colby is...and you saw how Colby connected several times.

Usman is a freak athlete not taking that away but he has not faced an elite technical striker like Mas before.

My guess? Usman will after 2-3 combos from Mas realize that he'll have to grapple and wrestle.

I think Usman wins this by a boring 25 min grappling/wrestling decision.

I don't get it.

WB ate a couple of Mas' punches, and Maia ate many and still pulled it off. Mas isn't some heavy handed behemoth but rather a precise, calculated striker with exceptional timing...

That said, unless he does some stupid shit like leave your chin hanging and lunge in (like Till) or dive recklessly for a double leg (ala Askren) , you better believe that Usman is eating Mas punches like cookies for a good few rounds at least.

Usman has one of the best chins in MMA and is a physical specimen in every sense of the word. Also, why doesn't someone explain to me the logic that Mas can eat Usmans punches?

Convince me ....
Not trying to argue here, I'm interested in a good convo
Lmaoooo Masvidal has 16 KOs in 48 fights. But he's supposed to be this killer knockout artist. I would like the Masvidal fans to point out anybody with an elite chin that Masvidal has knocked out.

Back