Where is Denis Kang now?

209NickDiaz

Gold Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Not sure if I recall his name correctly (just googled, yeah I did)
I remembered him having so much potential, was expecting a TS soon, then suddenly gone

Such a weird career. Basically started as .500 fighter, then he looks incredible for 20+ fights, before falling off again.

Wish I knew, or could remember more about him beyond the hype he had in 06 and then upon his UFC signing.

I remember being surprised the UFC released him after the loss to Bisping.

Don’t know anything about him recently. I know his brother Julien Kang is doing relatively well in South Korea as an actor/model/tv personality.

Kang was a funny one, he arrived in the UFC so fucking hyped like, due to his Japanese MMA connections. Got his ass kicked by Bisping, who was Public Enemy #1 for hardcore MMA fans at the time, and none of them ever forgave him! I don't think I've ever, even up until today, seen a fighter go from so hyped and bigged-up by hardcore fans to being called a can and a nobody overnight the way Kang did! All for committing the crime of letting them down and losing to Bisping.

someone once said that denis kang managed to once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

i don't even know which fight they were talking about, it seems like it applies to pretty much all of his losses. dude was a beast that should've gone down as one of the greatest MWs in the history of the sport... and yet he's hardly known. it's a shame, really.

Kang was a funny one, he arrived in the UFC so fucking hyped like, due to his Japanese MMA connections. Got his ass kicked by Bisping, who was Public Enemy #1 for hardcore MMA fans at the time, and none of them ever forgave him! I don't think I've ever, even up until today, seen a fighter go from so hyped and bigged-up by hardcore fans to being called a can and a nobody overnight the way Kang did! All for committing the crime of letting them down and losing to Bisping.

Possibly alvarez..

True.

Eddie is somewhat similar in that all the Conor haters never forgave him. They give Aldo a pass for his even more pathetic/embarrassing performance but I've seen a lot of hate from people towards Eddie that they won't ever let go and it's because Conor won the LW title from him.

Such a weird career. Basically started as .500 fighter, then he looks incredible for 20+ fights, before falling off again.

Wish I knew, or could remember more about him beyond the hype he had in 06 and then upon his UFC signing.
Man I remember that run, was so disappointed that he pretty much folded after it. I think he had some personal problems that contributed to his collapse.

Didn't he already lose to Belcher in his debut tho?

For some reason I remember him as being in the UFC longer than he was. Maybe it's because he was in one of the UFC Undisputeds

Back