Media Dustin Poirier on Masvidal vs Usman "This Isn't a Guy Just Coming Off the Couch

0-1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Dustin Poirier shares his thoughts on the upcoming Kamaru Usman vs Jorge Masvidal fight at UFC 251. Dustin explains that Jorge has been training and spared with him extensively during his own camp getting ready for Dan Hooker

Usually the weight cut is the biggest hurdle regarding short notice fill ins. But masvidal isn't huge for the division, and much like Bisping when he took on luke the second time, he's a year round motherfucker anyway.
Even Usman said that Jorge benefits from the short notice.

Short notice is fine, much less chance to pick up injuries, you are more fresh. Masvidal is a vet and has been fighting forever, he ain't gonna lose any skills or talent on a short camp or long camp. The only thing the long camp will do is give him more possible injuries. Better to be fresh, the wins vs loss records of short notice fighters is about the same as full camp.

I agree that maybe a short camp is not good for a guy who is very raw and not fought a lot, but Masvidal has been fighting since forever, I don't believe it will make any difference apart from the fact he may have less injuries and bruises

The scale will be the biggest hurdle. Mas doesn’t strike me as a guy that takes a lot of time away from training.

Mods are gonna tell Usman that Mas can wrestle. I meant don't tell opponent you've been secretly training for him for months
Thats a stupid move from Poirier. Just like Max Holloway he says that he have not been sparring and etc thanks to the quarentine. Its a suprise.

Jorge "Seperate me from the pack" Masvidal is bringing the violance to Abu Dhabi.

Good find my friend.

What a great clip. Now I’m getting all excited and shyyyyyt. Boy I really do hope masvidal brings it. I think Usman smothers him, but I’d love nothing more than to see masvidal shock the world.......again

All the grappling training in the world won't put him the level with Usman, if he decides its going to be a wrestling match then Jorge is in for a long night.

Same as if Usman spent a couple if months working on his striking, yeah he might make great improvements but on their feet Jorge would tear him apart.

Back