The "GOATS" are all active now? weird!

crodor3

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Usman/ Khabib/ Bones/ Stipe (or DC lol!) --I have heard at various times people arguing that they are GOATS of their respective weight classes...already.! (Bones clearly is but he is the only one)

Now I get that most people are generally stupid and I can attribute this to recency bias, but how can people think that basically through all weight classes the GOATS are all fighting now and are in essence in their primes? I just don't understand this mindset of crowning every guy with a belt as the GOAT. Poor history students? How can you be an mma fan and have no clue about what guys were historically in the sport you claim to love? Discuss..

oh Cejudo also...and Israel...! ha!

no one credible suggest DC or Stipe is GOAT.

no one at all calls Israel or Usman GOAT,

which leaves Khabib and Bones.

if your thread were a spades hand, you have "1 and a possible".
Extra like for the reference.
Any GOAT thread that doesnt mention Fedor and Silva even on the list has already failed miserably.

Usman/ Khabib/ Bones/ Stipe (or DC lol!) --I have heard at various times people arguing that they are GOATS of their respective weight classes...already.! (Bones clearly is but he is the only one)

Now I get that most people are generally stupid and I can attribute this to recency bias, but how can people think that basically through all weight classes the GOATS are all fighting now and are in essence in their primes? I just don't understand this mindset of crowning every guy with a belt as the GOAT. Poor history students? How can you be an mma fan and have no clue about what guys were historically in the sport you claim to love? Discuss..
One of the GOATS is fighting this weekend. Aldo

I said people not credible people. ie sherbros. so now you know what I am reading here on forums every day? neat trick

Speaking of GOATS I found a version of the Masvidal vs Askren fight.
tenor.gif

The lack of losses among the current active goat contenders is pretty impressive though...

I'd say khabib and Usman ain't the goats of their divisions. Usman for sure isn't, it's GSP. LW is hard to pick one though so maybe it is khabib.

Osman and Kaviv are not goats.. not at all.. Jones is clearly a goat in LHW and Stipe is also a goat in his division when only considering UFC but osman and kaviv? lol

I just read a thread half an hour ago that claimed Usman was better already than GSP ever was. Did I mention credible at all in my OP? You ever answer a question with an answer or just "nah no one says that"?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone argue Usman is the WW goat

OmegaRugal
Red Belt

I think what GSP fans don't want to admit is this ... who did GSP beat that Usman WOULDN'T beat even easier?

Usman's size, reach combined with his elite wrestling and good striking,great cardio would make GSP's striking look .... average at best similar to how Shields made GSP's striking look. Except unlike Shields ... Usman actually has good striking.

GSP's WW division was one of the most overrated divisions of all time.

How badly many of them performed vs a chubby, out of shape BJ Penn is proof of that.

GSP got wrecked standing vs BJ Penn. Had to abuse his size and even grease in a rematch.
Fitch got out grappled by BJ Penn
Hughes got wrecked officially twice but even in his one win vs Penn, he was losing until Penn got that rib "injury" and/or gassed.

WW was overrated. BJ Penn proved that.

i don't know about that, it's been a while since Artem's last fight

6c7ac2c752640996e10a29800936fa6d.jpg

OmegaRugal
Red Belt

I think what GSP fans don't want to admit is this ... who did GSP beat that Usman WOULDN'T beat even easier?

Usman's size, reach combined with his elite wrestling and good striking,great cardio would make GSP's striking look .... average at best similar to how Shields made GSP's striking look. Except unlike Shields ... Usman actually has good striking.

GSP's WW division was one of the most overrated divisions of all time.

How badly many of them performed vs a chubby, out of shape BJ Penn is proof of that.

GSP got wrecked standing vs BJ Penn. Had to abuse his size and even grease in a rematch.
Fitch got out grappled by BJ Penn
Hughes got wrecked officially twice but even in his one win vs Penn, he was losing until Penn got that rib "injury" and/or gassed.

WW was overrated. BJ Penn proved that.

I don't know if arguing Usman would beat him head to head is the same as arguing he's the goat. GSP is clearly the goat, but if people want to argue that current Usman could beat prime GSP, then that's a different thing which I haven't put any thought into tbh.

I don't know if arguing Usman would beat him head to head is the same as arguing he's the goat. GSP is clearly the goat, but if people want to argue that current Usman could beat prime GSP, then that's a different thing which I haven't put any thought into tbh.
huh? is that not the very essence of a GOAT argument? lol

huh? is that not the very essence of a GOAT argument? lol

No, the goat is based on achievements. No doubt the average UFC level fighter in 50 years would beat prime GSP, but that wouldn't put them ahead of him in the goat rankings.

Back