Will Yas Island arena have Air conditioning

MadNIghtKing

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don’t know if it was a rumor or true but there was a couple people on twitter saying the arena was not air conditioned to a good temperature at UFC 242 Khabib v. Poirier. If it’s hot in there who do you think will benefit in their fights and who will it hurt?

Side note I don’t know how people live in a city that’s over 100F all summer. It’s 90 where I live today and I couldn’t stand walking anywhere

Your body adapts. I moved from the Netherlands to Colombia and I became a pussy within 2-3 years. I could wear jeans outside with 100F and be fine now.

If it’s indoors it HAS to be air conditioned.
If it’s outside, it’s going to be brutal

I once heard joe Frazier say that it was 120-130 degrees in the ring when he fought Ali in Manila

Your body adapts. I moved from the Netherlands to Colombia and I became a pussy within 2-3 years. I could wear jeans outside with 100F and be fine now.
That makes sense, I think I'm just being a big baby today. Netherlands to Colombia now thats an interesting move.

"Without fans in attendance, the promotion does not have to worry about the local timing of the event, so the plan is to proceed with normal timing for prime time hours on the east coast of North America. The main card is scheduled to begin at 6:00 am (July 12) local time in Abu Dhabi, with a full preliminary card beginning at approximately 2:00 am Gulf Standard Time."

"Without fans in attendance, the promotion does not have to worry about the local timing of the event, so the plan is to proceed with normal timing for prime time hours on the east coast of North America. The main card is scheduled to begin at 6:00 am (July 12) local time in Abu Dhabi, with a full preliminary card beginning at approximately 2:00 am Gulf Standard Time."
The logistics of this Yas Island thing is so crazy. What time do you wake up if you have a fight at 6am??? Maybe the best thing to do is go with your jet lag and sleep all day.

There will be AC. Because the temperature on Yas is between 42-30 C (86-107 F)

No one would hold multiple events in that heat. Maybe a one-off like Rumble in the Jungle could be done that way, but no way the UFC would move their entire operations there for multiple events if they didn't have AC.
Isn't it outdoors? Dumb question
Not dumb. They showed photos of an outdoor cage on a beach, so people assume that's it.
But I'm sure that cage will only be used for promo and open workouts.
The real cage will be indoors.

AC yes, but no fans

tenor.gif

The logistics of this Yas Island thing is so crazy. What time do you wake up if you have a fight at 6am??? Maybe the best thing to do is go with your jet lag and sleep all day.
since their going by vegas time and fighting theree at 5 am, probly best to try to stay on your normal schedule.

if they had to fight outdoors, even at 5 am, guys would be gassing so quick

Side note I don’t know how people live in a city that’s over 100F all summer. It’s 90 where I live today and I couldn’t stand walking anywhere
Same here, although to be fair, i'm white to the point where i get a sunburn after 20 minutes being outside without sunscreen on, lol.

It semi-adapts but you more learn how to work around it. Get started with outside work at 6am and try to stay in shade 12-4pm. It's harder to breathe with humidity and you learn to avoid people with social media who work inside. They're going to post how hot it is, every time they walk from building to the car.

Back