Who has more sympathizers Askren or Nate Diaz?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Just curious, lots of folks on here excuse Askren for a lot, even though he’s one of the most arrogant fighters of all time. Nate has his moments but seems like he doesn’t get let off the hook much around here...

Nate Diaz has a sizable cult of fans dedicated to spreading the idea that Masvidal was in danger of gassing out in their fight before the doctor stoppage.

I think it was Angela Hill who mocked the Diaz bro attitude that 'if you don't beat us with boxing/BJJ, it doesn't count' and honestly there are a lot of posters on this forum who lap that up.

Nate probably gets more flack because he has been around forever and he always finds a way to keep himself in the headlines. Askren was unknown to a lot of fans before he came to the UFC and was retired within 18 months of signing.

Nate probably gets more flack because he has been around forever and he always finds a way to keep himself in the headlines. Askren was unknown to a lot of fans before he came to the UFC and was retired within 18 months of signing.
It’s just shocking how some people really believe that he’s a UFC caliber fighter when it’s more than obvious that he’s not.

Nate. People still believe that he can wreck Khabib despite Nate having many loses against wrestlers

Reactions: JAL
I like them both ... but Diaz is way more entertaining inside the cage

Both the Diaz brothers will have a sizeable die-hard fan base even after retirement. They have earned this through their incredibly compelling and exciting fight-careers. Both are HoF for sure, surprised you put Nate and Ben in the same category here. Ben is a footnote in mma history, the Diaz brothers are multiple pages.

It’s just shocking how some people really believe that he’s a UFC caliber fighter when it’s more than obvious that he’s not.
I think the argument that he was past his prime when he came to the UFC holds a bit of weight. I think Askren is UFC calibre and I think that he could still maul some guys, but his stand up was piss poor. I can’t think of a WW with worse striking. He’s also below average in terms of athleticism.

Just curious, lots of folks on here excuse Askren for a lot, even though he’s one of the most arrogant fighters of all time. Nate has his moments but seems like he doesn’t get let off the hook much around here...
I didn't think Askren had many fans on Sherdog. I mean, hardly any.

I think the argument that he was past his prime when he came to the UFC holds a bit of weight. I think Askren is UFC calibre and I think that he could still maul some guys, but his stand up was piss poor. I can’t think of a WW with worse striking.
I see that point but then I also think that any version of Askren still loses to Masvidal the same exact way. the vast difference in fight IQ allowed for such a finish to happen.

Nate and it isnt even close
This place used to be a cesspool of Nick/Nate wannabe gangster fanboys..I bet some still think Nick should get a title shot

I see that point but then I also think that any version of Askren still loses to Masvidal the same exact way. the vast difference in fight IQ allowed for such a finish to happen.
Masvidal probably beats him more times than not. Not sure he lands the flying knee each time, but he knew the reaction he would elicit out of Ben when he charged at him.

In the exact same way? It was a thing of beauty and Mas trained for it but come on. 50 times out of 100 he doesnt land it flush

I didn't think Askren had many fans on Sherdog. I mean, hardly any.

I love him just because he's sharp and silver tongued. He was a breath of fresh air whilst in the UFC. I think it's a real shame the real Ben Askren was left in ONE FC and the operating table.

Diaz for sure. Both Diaz bro’s have a big fan base and I’ve never really understood why. They never accept losses and whine constantly.

Barely anyone outside the MMA smark bubble know who Askren is. So it's Nate no matter what. Haters, fans, sympathizers, whatever route you wanna take.

Back