Is Masvidal Flying KO of Askren the most memorable UFC moment?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

I want to preface by noting that the build up is what makes it that much better. Askren brought it all on himself. So it certainly has to be up there. It’s just so fascinating that Anik wasn’t even done announcing the sponsor, the clock hadn’t even popped up on the screen yet. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it or ever will again.

Nate RNC of Conor was pretty memorable too. Others worth mentioning are Serra vs GSP, Silva vs Victor, Silva vs Sonnen I, BJ Penn becoming WW champ. MM mouse trap. Hendo bs Bisping 1. Lmk what’s yours...

Last edited by a moderator:
another reason why PRIDE was BETTER

FtelqIW.gif

DeficientSpiritedGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

I want to preface by noting that the build up is what makes it that much better. Askren brought it all on himself. So it certainly has to be up there. It’s just so fascinating that Anik wasn’t even done announcing the sponsor, the clock hadn’t even popped up on the screen yet. I just don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it or ever will again.

Nate RNC of Conor was pretty memorable too. Others worth mentioning are Serra vs GSP, Silva vs Victor, Silva vs Sonnen I, BJ Penn becoming WW champ. MM mouse trap. Hendo bs Bisping 1. Lmk what’s yours...

No....way more WTF moments than that imo. Barboza spinning back kick KO of Etim, Conor KO of Aldo, Gonzago headkick KO'ing Mirko etc etc

When Jorge did that it was one of the only times in my life I’ve ever been speechless. All I could manage to say for like 20 minutes was “holy shit”.
I vomited for about 3 hours after it. Had to miss the Jones Santos fight. Was really drunk and the thought of how Askren felt after that just sent me over the edge.

also prior to the fight i placed about 50 on Askren so i was also pissed

Last edited:
I went apeshit after that knee landed.
me and my friend who made this account were running around freakin out. shit was nuts. we were legit nervous for jorge goin into that fight. ben was undefeated at the time and we hadent heard about his hip issues. in my mind jorges path to victory was to make ben pay in the clinch and on every takedown attempt hopefully winning the cardio battle.

then this happened

street askren.png

my first ms paint shoop

It was a 2 second KO out of nowhere and was followed by brutal gnp and then the victim was mocked before being put in a body bag and sent to the morgue. I would say that it is the greatest moment yes.

I think the fact that Ben Askren was a former WW champ in OneFC and Bellator made it all the more important. Proved that UFC is a whole different level

IMO it wasn't even top ten. Weidman KO of Silva, Holm KO of Rousey, Conor KO of Aldo, CoGar embarassing The Dominator, Jones leaving Machida an unconscious hulk, Silva dropping Vitor, Hendo-Shogun, Lesnar stopping Carwin, Hughes slamming Trigg, etc etc

Rousey/Holm not even close.

Yeah, but Rousey/Holm was not one "moment", but one-and-half round of (MOST MEMORABLE) destruction.

Masvidal/Askren was literally a freakish, absolutely astonishing, once-in-a-lifetime MOMENT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back