Winner of a Colby/Burns matchup gets the winner?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think this would be an excellent n1 contender fight for the winner of Mas/Usman

Pretty unfair to Burns but that’s the way it goes in this sport - even if the situation is outwith your control

I think this would be an excellent PPV co-main (242?) or even a top tier FN headliner.

Would edge Colby in the fight but Burns would be a very, very live dog.

Burns beats Colby via any way he wants. I won’t be upset if Burns faces the winner of Masvidal/Usman though what he did to Tyron Woodley warranted a title shot.

I'm pretty sure Burns is still going to get his title shot next.

I think Colbys going to fight Woodley but I'd be ok with Colby vs Gilbert. Colby wins of course.

If they go with that then Edwards/Burns makes sense.

#1 contender might be immaterial if Mas wins though as I'm 99% sure they'll go for Mas/Conor if that happens.

Nah, Burns just gets the winner.

Meaning Usman-Burns

Edwards-Masvidal

Covington-Woodley

It has to be Edwards vs Burns, both need to make a name for themselves and what better way than to make it off of one another. Colby will get the loser of Masvidal vs Usman, and Conor will get the winner.

Last edited:
I think Colbys going to fight Woodley but I'd be ok with Colby vs Gilbert. Colby wins of course.
I'd like to see Colby vs Burns. I think Colby vs Woodley might look like Colby vs Lawler. Woodley looks lost out there. Colby would overwhelm him with volume.

I’d say Burns vs Edwards is a more appropriate #1 contender fight at the moment.

Isn’t Ponzinibbio looking to make a return soon? I know he’s been out for a year and a half, but he said he wanted a top 5 upon his return. I think Colby vs Ponzi is the perfect fight for both guys.

I’d say Burns vs Edwards is a more appropriate #1 contender fight at the moment.

Isn’t Ponzinibbio looking to make a return soon? I know he’s been out for a year and a half, but he said he wanted a top 5 upon his return. I think Colby vs Ponzi is the perfect fight for both guys.
Edwards has sat out for a year and he hasn’t finished a fight in over two years. Give him one vs Chiesa. Softball. He deserves a title fight but less than Burns, and Colby coming off that great/close fight deserves a runitback

Back