Let's speculate on Usman-Masvidal paycheck$

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let's just spitball anything that comes to mind regarding how these two will get paid. If you have work experience in this type of space do share your thoughts.

Usman - likely got paid under 500,000 USD for the title shot and maybe got 1M USD for the Colby fight

Masvidal - made 3M USD for the Nate Diaz fight. He says UFC offered him lower that what they paid for the BMF if he was gonna fight Usman for the first negotiations.

I would say both parties will make 3.5-4M USD for this fight, meaning the UFC would likely lose money or breakeven for UFC 251.

Let's just spitball anything that comes to mind regarding how these two will get paid. If you have work experience in this type of space do share your thoughts.

Usman - likely got paid under 500,000 USD for the title shot and maybe got 1M USD for the Colby fight

Masvidal - made 3M USD for the Nate Diaz fight. He says UFC offered him lower that what they paid for the BMF if he was gonna fight Usman for the first time.

I would say both parties will make 3.5-4M USD for this fight, meaning the UFC would likely lose money or breakeven for UFC 251.
You must be really dumb if you think ufc is losing money. Even if ufc pay these guys $10 mil each ufc still in the green

Usman gets PPV pts

Not sure about Jorge, I hope does though

You must be really dumb if you think ufc is losing money. Even if ufc pay these guys $10 mil each ufc still in the green

Unless you were a former UFC employee, you can't necessarily know that. No live gate, Covid-testing and extra measures, insurance, logistics to take lighting and filming equipment to Dubai, etc.

Unless you were a former UFC employee, you can't necessarily know that. No live gate, Covid-testing and extra measures, insurance, logistics to take lighting and filming equipment to Dubai, etc.
Man you really are dumb. There’s reports out there that states the percentage ufc is paying their fighters base on ufc revenue. They ain’t losing money dumbass

Man you really are dumb. There’s reports out there that states the percentage ufc is paying their fighters base on ufc revenue. They ain’t losing money dumbass

Reports huh?

arton128203.jpg

Reports are so reliable.

I assume Masvidal is getting a good payday otherwise no way he would have taken this with less than 2 weeks notice. Although I believe he prob been training all the while it's still not the most ideal time to take a fight of this magnitude after finally building a his brand up.

I'm happy for him that he most likely got a good payday cause I see him losing to Usman.

Why the fuck are some of you people so obsessed with what fighters make?
This. No one who follows any other sport cares if an athlete gets a “big payday”. I want MMA to be attractive to new talent but why should the layman care.

Reports huh?

arton128203.jpg

Reports are so reliable.

The reports are the UFC's own internal documents they were forced to release because of a court case. If they were doctored they definitely wouldn't paint the UFC in the light they do as paying the fighters fucking peanuts.

I'm guessing Jorge's initial offer was 2 mil, 500k being the Nate purse. It's just enough to keep sitting at the table. And he probably got 1,5 for this. Sounds like a number they can come to when compromising. Run the projections of with/without this fight on the card. Usman either gets the same 500k he got for Colby or he has one of those steadily rising contracts. That he'd get 750 or 1 mil for this. I'm guessing a bit extra because of change of opponent.

Back