Usman v Masvidal

Who do you think wins

• Total voters

johnmangala

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do you think this fight happens? If so, who do you think wins?

I want Masvidal to win. Usman by decision seems like the smart bet but I'm going with Masvidal by finish.

Usman -220
Masvidal +165

At this point, it looks like this fight is gonna happen. My gut is Usman by decision, but Mas is a crafty striker than can definitely catch Usman. Mas also has over 80% TDD, so we’ll find out early if Usman is successful with the TD or not. If not, Mas probably catches him eventually. But I think the most likely outcome is that we see a fight a lot like Usman vs Woodley, with Usman winning the UD.

Last edited:
Flying knee might be viable but Usman wins a UD

I like both fighters in the cage. Like Masvidal personality more, so I'll probably be rooting for him.

However, I think the most likely outcome is Usman by UD. Won't be surprised by a Masvidal KO win tho, Usman has holes in his striking game, and if Colby could exploit some of them, Masvidal sure as hell can.

Masvidal wins by stoppage. Usmans learns about quick KOs

Usman by decision. Jorge’s late-career resurgence against beatable competition (overrated Till, aged one-dimensional Askren, and stubborn slugger Diaz) should not distract people from remembering what Jorge does in important fights against ranked fighters in their prime - and that is lose decisions by being tentative.

At this point, it looks like this fight is gonna happen. My gut is Usman by decision, but Mas is a crafty striker than can definitely catch Usman. Mas also has over 80% TDD, so we’ll find out early if Usman is successful with the TD or not. If not, Mas probably catches him eventually. But I think the most likely outcome is that we see a fight a lot like Usman vs Woolley, with Usman winning the UD.

I think the fight will be different than against woodley....masvidal has a much more diverse striking game...which might make the harder for usman. mas also hits alot harder than colby does. and colby caught usman many many times in their fight.

Mas is overall a much better striker and overall MMA fighter. I see him winning by submission midway through the fight.

Do you think this fight happens? If so, who do you think wins?

I want Masvidal to win. Usman by decision seems like the smart bet but I'm going with Masvidal by finish.

Usman -220
Masvidal +165
Usman wins easily with takedowns, GNP and clinchwork/octagon control. Do you think this fight happens?
giphy.gif

Jorge has beaten one top 5 WW, Darren Till. Jorge lost to Maia who has poor TD skills and poor striking. He lost to the other two top 5 WW he fought, Wonderboy and Maia.

Jorge will be 36 when he fights Usman, past his prime for a WW. Usman has strong TD skills and decent striking. Usman puts Jorge on his back and mauls him. Terrible match-up for Jorge.

At this point, it looks like this fight is gonna happen. My gut is Usman by decision, but Mas is a crafty striker than can definitely catch Usman. Mas also has over 80% TDD, so we’ll find out early if Usman is successful with the TD or not. If not, Mas probably catches him eventually. But I think the most likely outcome is that we see a fight a lot like Usman vs Woolley, with Usman winning the UD.

Woodley has the greatest TDD percentage ever heading into the Usman fight. Just something to keep in mind.
Hope it happens, hope it’s not a rag doll fest. I think it might be though.

I think the fight will be different than against woodley....masvidal has a much more diverse striking game...which might make the harder for usman. mas also hits alot harder than colby does. and colby caught usman many many times in their fight.
That’s very possible, and it’s what makes this a more fun/exciting fight to me than Usman’s fights with Woodley or Colby. I still think Usman is going to pressure nonstop—maybe I should’ve used RDA vs Pettis as the example of the type of fight we’re likely to see. I’m cheering Mas though, and would love to see him lay Usman flat.

Jorge has beaten one top 5 WW, Darren Till. Jorge lost to Maia who has poor TD skills and poor striking. He lost to the other two top 5 WW he fought, Wonderboy and Maia.

Jorge will be 36 when he fights Usman, past his prime for a WW. Usman has strong TD skills and decent striking. Usman puts Jorge on his back and mauls him. Terrible match-up for Jorge.

It would be like the Maia fight but worse.. Usman 50-39.

Masvidal is going to brutally finish Usman.

Sherdog doesn't know shit about MMA, they just look at which guy is more jacked and decide that's who will win.

Back