There is pretty much ZERO chance that MasDIVAl will actually take the Usman fight

PulsingJones

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It's nothing more than a PR stunt to increase his falling stock amongst fans.
The logistics involved ensures this is impossible at such a late stage and Masvidal knows this.

If by a 0.5% chance the fight goes through, he will earn my respect. Otherwise, you can't fool me Jorge

I actually think the opposite. Jorge knows this is a win win situation for him coming in as the crowned BMF. A weeks notice fight to "save" a card, what is to lose? If he gets ragdolled by Usman there is the easiest excuse in the book. If he wins? He becomes an even bigger star and finally gets the belt.

He ducked Usman earlier and pretended to play the whole money game, which I guess in hindsight was a smart PR move but I am not fooled. Jorge knows he is fucked and it's a good way to prove hes not a pussy. Kind of like Justin vs Tony.

I actually think the opposite. Jorge knows this is a win win situation for him coming in as the crowned BMF. A weeks notice fight to "save" a card, what is to lose? If he gets ragdolled by Usman there is the easiest excuse in the book. If he wins? He becomes an even bigger star and finally gets the belt.

He ducked Usman earlier and pretended to play the whole money game, which I guess in hindsight was a smart PR move but I am not fooled. Jorge knows he is fucked and it's a good way to prove hes not a pussy. Kind of like Justin vs Tony.
Casuals make up most of his fanbase, and they don't care about terms like "Short Notice Fights", if he loses, no amount of excuses will prevent his stock from nose diving to the ground, especially after talking all that shit

I hope you're wrong

giphy.gif

Casuals make up most of his fanbase, and they don't care about terms like "Short Notice Fights", if he loses, no amount of excuses will prevent his stock from nose diving to the ground, especially after talking all that shit
why nate diaz beat up conor and conors stock was fine

Last edited:
its a non-sense to bait the fans so much into thinking the fight might happen if
he is not serious,he getting a lot of shit on social media for ducking the fight before,fans aint
stupid and he figured it out,it might happen

?

Dana has already said that the fight will be rescheduled. You should stop making thread about wolf ticket.

Yep, we will hear after 14 pages on the Masvidal Usman thread that Holloway Volk will be the main as talks “fell through”.

Thats what I thought but..Say what you want about Helwani but he rarely gets these things wrong. If he says negotions are happening then they are happening.
Im stunned and if Jorge actually gets in there he deserves him bmf belt for sure.

Na, you're wrong.

Championship fights are the best fights to take short notice. You have a built in excuse for losing. Losing to the champ doesn't effect your ranking at all.

And if you win, you're a UFC champ.

Yup ppl forget you fought short notice unless it's for the title.

I actually think it happens for sure, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just have them fight at the apex though. With no fans it really wouldn’t even effect the viewing experience, just switch the live feed over. I also wouldn’t be shocked if Jorge can’t make weight but if he does he is a warrior. A catch weight fight would be pointless but I could see it. Make it for the bmf.

Back