Aldo will stop Yan

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
Any takers? C'mon noise makers.

It isn't Petr's physicality that will fail but his style is open to attack from Jose. I strongly suspect Aldo will kick a ton more.
Aldo had so many opportunities to kick Moraes in that fight but didn’t, he could’ve won but didn’t use his famous combat skill which are the leg kicks. I think something is wrong with his knees or something.

Anyway Yan is a hungry lion that has diverse striking, increases his pace, decent power and is a more natural BW. Aldo has the experience tho, should be a great fight and possibly FOTY material.

I take Yan by late KO.

I think Aldo can take it even without leg kicks and knees. I'm sure he watched Yan vs Rivera. Yan have some issues.
1. He waits for too long aiming his heavy right hand. While doing this he is flat footed and hittable.
2. Had problems with leg kicks vs Rivera (Aldo might try to use leg kicks in this fight all of a sudden, especially after watching Yan vs Rivera)
3. Throws hail mary and kinda falls forward right after, while leaving himself open for counter shots.
4. Doesn't know how to finish somebody quickly (tough like Dodson or Rivera) after knockdown.
5. High guard leaves his body open for kick and punches. Aldo is good at this.

I couldn't disagree more. The first time I saw Petr Yan fight, I said he'd be Bantamwaeight champ soon; &, nothing he's done since then has changed my mind. I love Jose Aldo; but, I feel like he should be a much, much bigger dog here...say, +350 to +400.

Aldo has great body shots.

Excited for the fight!

Also doesn't like to be pressured. Yan will walk him down in round 3

Yan by 4th round tko imo ...hoping Aldo can pull it out

I would love to see Aldo win the strap. I just don't know if it'll happen.

Aldo by tko/ko is a nice prop. I do like him as the dog here. If the odds were reversed I would bet on Yan. 50/50 fight imo.

Nothing against yan, but man I hope you're right ts

Back