biggest (scary) weight cuts/gains

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are considered the most extreme MMA weight cuts? In boxing, guys like Terrence Crawford walk around at 175 and cut to 135. That seems insane. What are crazy MMA examples?

Rumble... even though he did miss. The guy cut to /or tried 170... and should have been fighting at 205 the whole time. Also, the guy has been bigger then bodybuilders with in the past year.

In recent years...

Conor hitting 145, and then probably getting back to like 168 or so, within a day.
Gleison Tibau going from 155 back to 183... This is the biggest I know of in recent years. He only did so with PED assistance too.
DC weighing in at 205 and then bouncing back to like 230...

That guy that looked like a skeleton at the weigh ins, James Irvin. That was the worst I have seen.
thats who I came to post. he looked drier than the Sahara

20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg

kevin lee cut INSANE amount of weight, 20 lbs in a day.

Lutter was very bad. Forgot about him. Also, I was reading that Rory Markham ended up with a collapsed lung, and still fought.
Crazy stuff.

Seems like Apen Ladd is the queen, lol.

136 pounds to make BM, then show up at 159 in actual fight.

17% of her body weight, and she's a lady too, way less muscles too drain water from.

https://sports.yahoo.com/aspen-ladd-ufc-weight-cut-bantamweight-002451951.html

But then again, it seems like smaller fighters actually have easier time cuting large % of water weight from whatever reason.

John Dodson was apparently 152 pounds in the cage, and it didn't stop him from running around like a march hare, whatsoever.

Back