Khabib's father Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov laid to rest in his home village in Dagestan

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, father and coach of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, was buried in a small ceremony in his home village of Kirovul in Dagestan, according to reports.
News agency TASS reported that the ceremony took place after information from the press service of the Kizilyurt regional administration.

"The funeral of Abdulmanap Magomedovich has just ended. Relatives, friends of the family of the deceased took part in them," a spokesman confirmed.

Abdulmanap's passing was reported on Friday, with the mixed martial arts world flocking to social media to send their well-wishes to his family and to pay tribute to his contribution to the sport, particularly in his homeland.

https://www.rt.com/sport/493799-khabib-father-abdulmanap-nurmagomedov-funeral/

edit: video

Last edited:
Gotta feel for Khabib and his family. Losing my father who was also my hero and mentor was the worst moment of my life.

At least he got to see his son and help guide him to his dream of being champion. RIP

Gotta feel for Khabib and his family. Losing my father who was also my hero and mentor was the worst moment of my life.

At least he got to see his son and help guide him to his dream of being champion. RIP
Feel your pain and agree 100%. Lost my dad to cancer he was 53. Its tough to get over, nothing but good luck to khabib.

Javier Mendez said when Abdulmanap was in Khabib camp for the Poirier fight he have never seen Khabib so focus and good state of mind. Cant even imagen the pain Khabib is going through now. Khabib fought for his father. Allah yerhamo.

Rip great sir

P4P goat father/trainer/mma coach right behind sage Northcutt's father

{<redford}

Verily we belong to God, and verily to Him do we return
1166616161.jpg.0.jpg

I'm concerned for Khabib. It looks like everyone respected Abdulmanap which kept the leeches away. I'm afraid the leeches might start to pounce on Khabib.

Look at the Ufc 229 incident. The only person in khabib's camp that was the adult in the room was not present at the fight. The only one who denounced the actions was the adult not present at the fight. Khabibs circle not only endorsed the attack, but still talk about it til this day. I hope Khabib has another "voice of reason" in the room and not sycophants moving forward. He needs someone that he respects that can tell him "no" or something wasn't right. Abdulmanap never wavered.

They sure got that funeral in quick.. Rip bigman your name and legacy will live a long time thru your son and others that you looked after
Thats accordingly to Muslim tradition,you bury the dead ASAP. Its usually on same day if possible. I know someone passed away 1:00 pm and by 8:00 pm was buried as well.

So sad.. I read via Zabit a big chunk of Khabibs hometown has died due to Covid and bad health care. Must be extremely hard for him to deal with this

Following this whole thing for a while. I heard he was sick, then better, then much worse, back and forth but the last impression I got was that he was recovering and was going to make it.

So tragic. I feel for Khabib, and really the whole world right now. We're all in this together and yet so divided.

RIP to a great man.

Back