Khabib is hosting a Private Q&A Press Conference on July 4, Cancelled

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
ezjtdefe3h851.jpg

@12:00pm Moscow time.

Just so y’all know, Khabib will he answering all questions at this event.

RIP Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov.

ezjtdefe3h851.jpg

RIP Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov.

So this must haveh appened

Am sure this was scheduled for yesterday initially.

Obviously as events unfolded I wasn't shocked it was pulled.

I don't blame him, he must be broken.

As a fan of his, I hope he retires

He has little to gain from fighting Gaethje and it will be his most dangerous matchup yet

Unfortunately I think he sticks around and we may see an underwhelming version of Khabib in his next fight.

.... so... it was 4 hours ago?

This thread was posted around 8:45am EST on July 4......saying conference will be at 5am EST?
conference was over long ago? or didn't happen?

Last edited:
As a fan of his, I hope he retires

He has little to gain from fighting Gaethje and it will be his most dangerous matchup yet

Unfortunately I think he sticks around and we may see an underwhelming version of Khabib in his next fight.
If he does retire, he knows so well how the fanbase of MMA will react. They will say he ducking and his status as legend is not clear because of that. Khabib is one of those fighters that understand MMA culture very well (in an interview after the Conor fight, he says how if he had knock Conor out, people would still say he was lucky with that punch. But making him tired and tap it's as though he surrendered and have nothing left to offer, subsequently nobody will talk shit over that victory), I don't think he'll retire

Last edited:
I seriously doubt this is happening. Nobody should be putting any kind of pressure on Khabib to discuss his fighting career.

This isn't MMA time.
YUP this is not MMA time because the UFC are stubborn to make fights Amid pandemic and people are dying around the world i dont blame Khabib if he retires he accomplished everything and he beat his bitter rival Conor So if he retires then it is what is he can do whatever he wants

I'm surprised he's deciding to speak to the media so soon after the loss of his father. I think you might be right though, it's the only thing that makes sense. Khabib is probably going to call it a career and go out on top

Chael should reach out to Khabib. He is a great example of a guy in this sport whose dad was a key player in his development and who was gutted by the untimely death of his dad. Yet Chael found the will and motivation to keep fighting (in part to honor his dad).

If he does retire, he knows so well how the fanbase of MMA will react. They will say he ducking and his status as legend is not clear because of that. Khabib is one of those fighters that understand MMA culture very well, I don't think he'll retire
He's undefeated, rich, and healthy; his resume and accomplishments will speak for themselves.

If he shows up diminished and gets sparked unconscious by Gaethje, his legacy will take far more of a hit.

YUP this is not MMA time because the UFC are stubborn to make fights Amid pandemic and people are dying around the world i dont blame Khabib if he retires he accomplished everything and he beat his bitter rival Conor So if he retires then it is what is he can do whatever he wants

Let me clarify. I'm saying it's not "MMA Time" for Khabib.

I'm fine with the UFC making fights. They've actually handled the pandemic very well. The 4 Major American Sports wish they had their shit together as much as Dana and the UFC do right now.

Chael should reach out to Khabib. He is a great example of a guy in this sport whose dad was a key player in his development and who was gutted by the untimely death of his dad. Yet Chael found the will and motivation to keep fighting (in part to honor his dad).

True. It does seem like Khabib is going to announce retirement but something tells me that he's going to say that he will continue to compete. We'll just have to wait and find out

I think he’s gonna retire. He fought for his father and now he’s gone. He has money for the rest of his life, an undefeated record, maybe the GOAT. He no longer has a reason to risk his health with his father gone.

if he does retire, what a career the Nurmagomedov family had. Respect.

Back