Garbrandt ahead of Sandhagen in the Rankings?!?!

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Uhh what?

Cody was coming off of 3 KO losses before he finally got back on track against Assuncao.

Sandhagen was undefeated in the UFC, and he beat Assuncao before Cody did, and he caught a tough loss to #2 ranked Sterling.

Somehow that equates to Cody being ranked ahead of Sandagen now??? What a joke.

Uhh what?

Cody was coming off of 3 KO losses before he finally got back on track against Assuncao.

Sandhagen was undefeated in the UFC, and he beat Assuncao before Cody did, and he caught a tough loss to #2 ranked Sterling.

To be fair 2 of those were against a champion, so “3 straight ko losses” is a little deceptive. I don’t think it’s all that criminal. It’s probably because of how decisive Cody’s return was.

To be fair 2 of those were against a champion, so “3 straight ko losses” is a little deceptive. I don’t think it’s all that criminal. It’s probably because of how decisive Cody’s return was.

3 losses are 3 losses man... his rematch against TJ was completely unearned too. He then got knocked stiff by the #8 ranked Munhoz.

3 losses are 3 losses man... his rematch against TJ was completely unearned too. He then got knocked stiff by the #8 ranked Munhoz.
They did the same thing with Aldo after his losses to Holloway. You don’t go down to the bottom of the rankings for losing to the champ.

They did the same thing with Aldo after his losses to Holloway. You don’t go down to the bottom of the rankings for losing to the champ.

But Aldo didn't lose to no #8 ranked guy... If you lose 3 in a row - including one to a #8 ranked, you need more than one win to get yourself back in the title talk.

Every single time new rankings come out, some variation of this thread appears.

Fact is, you cannot make a top 10 rankings that even half of sherdoggers will agree with. It’s just that this time, you’re in the other side of that equation.

Rankings are unreliable and subjective, that’s why. There truly is no other answer that will satisfy you. So why ask?

Or to quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, “if the answers frighten you, cease asking scary questions.”

Let's be real, Cody just scored a KO of the year type finish while Sandhagen got throttled in half a round.

I'm not saying Cody deserves to be higher, I'm just saying I'm not surprised the UFC used that as an excuse to put an exciting former champ ahead of Sandhagen who is a decision-machine with a bland personality.

But Aldo didn't lose to no #8 ranked guy... If you lose 3 in a row - including one to a #8 ranked, you need more than one win to get yourself back in the title talk.
He’s not in title talk, there’s too many contenders. He’ll need another win.

The UFC rankings are a joke but I don't mind Cody getting a bit of a pass in this situation. EPOshaw is a disgrace.

giphy.gif

The entire ranking system has been a joke for a long time. Why so surprised?
There is no such thing as a ranking system that isn’t flawed. Boxing had 4 main sanctioning bodies and no one can say one is great at ranking fighters or has any understanding as to what criteria they use.

the systems that use formulas are just as flawed.

Aldo is 0-1 at BW and getting a title shot. This is not a sport. Its a circus company.

Let's be real, Cody just scored a KO of the year type finish while Sandhagen got throttled in half a round.

I'm not saying Cody deserves to be higher, I'm just saying I'm not surprised the UFC used that as an excuse to put an exciting former champ ahead of Sandhagen who is a decision-machine with a bland personality.
The ufc has voters who make the rankings.

Uhh what?

2 losses were to the #1 fighter in that division (or #1 contender) and another top 10 guy in Pedro.

Yes, he fell off but Cory never even got to the place Cody was at prior to falling off. And I'd say an impressive KO win over Assuncao does more than losing in a title elimination match.

Cory is still a stud, just got more to prove now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back