UFC 242 Khabib talks about his father

i am glad kabib was able to make the most of his time with his father and have a strong relationship as well as make who his father is common knowledge among mma fans in the us. most times people pass and people are left with regret, they didn't have the relationship they should have or spent the time they needed to..
i'm sure some here know what its like to grow up in a martial arts family or sports and to have that kind of bond with your father.
the best part of the story is abdulmanap cornering kabib in abu dahbi.
kabib will set an example and inspire all of us to continue pushing through. i am sure of that.

Man I just now saw the news, very sad to hear. I'm sure this is a tough one on Khabib, especially considering how close they were (living and training together, etc). Abdulmanap - enjoy the other side, man. Love and support to the Eagle

RIP abdulmanap, absolute legend.

Man, damn it, I didn't know Khabib's dad is the one who kept him going when he suffered thru those long bouts of injuries. That's a fucking heartbreaker. Makes me think of my dad and what all he's done for me. Goddangit I'm about to get fucking misty

Last edited:
Man, damn it, I didn't know Khabib's dad is the one who kept him going thru those long bouts of injuries. That's a fucking heartbreaker. Makes me think of my dad and what all he's done for me. Goddangit I'm about to get fucking misty
khabib was supposed to retire a long time ago, his father convinced him to not give up his dream. It paid off

khabib was supposed to retire a long time ago, his father convinced him to not give up his dream. It paid off
Right on man. That is so cool. No can support you and instill confidence in you like your dad. Imagine a world where Abdulmanap wasn't the great father he was, and Khabib retired before ever reaching true greatness in the UFC. Thank God we got the reality we did. Just makes it even sadder now that he is gone tho. God be with them

Khabib should retire IMO. No reason to go into a fight having this grief affecting him and risk losing. He should retire undefeated and as the greatest.

RIP

Reactions: 2EZ
tenor.gif

Whoa, missed that headline. Holy shit, he was recovering a couple days ago

RIP

I would love for khabib to go 30-0 and retire as the GOAT lw

People think he won't fight again

I disagree, I think this will give him focus and he will do it for the honour of his father

I hope he also keeps to his word about no rematch

Back