Mystic Chael makes his next prediction.

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls.

Who are we kidding, this is sherdog. Hello all you 18-40 year old males.

Nostrodamus Chael is making his predictions for UFC 251. Mystic Chael is 2/3 on his predictions so far, so I am practically flawless.

Long thread.

Volkanovski VS Holloway - Volkanovski will have a dominant 3 rounds, Holloway will try to go balls to the wall in the last 2, and get knocked out brutally, or at least hurt very very badly. This will be a Ferguson Gaethje esc performance (however whether the finish will happen IDK).

Jose Aldo vs Yan - Yans sub par striking defense on the offense will get exposed, and Aldo will finish him with a right hook in under 2 rounds. If this doesn't happen, Aldo will win a 48-47 decision, with the 5th round being dicey for him.

Rose vs Andrade - Andrade is going to get pieced up like her VS Joanna. It won't be close, and it won't be pretty. Rose is going to put on a fucking clinic. [EDIT] I could see a finish if this was a 5 rounder, It would come via left hook, but as this is a 3 rounder (thanks Al) no finish will happen. This will be a dominant 3 round decision.

Giblert VS Usman - I don't have enough info for this. I wouldn't bet on anything, this one has too many variables. Gilbert is a better striker. He has a nasty sub game, and is good enough that Usman won't go to the ground with him unless gilbert is hurt or tired. However Usman has better cardio, and a better wrestler, and might just end up holding Burns up against the fence for 5 rounds.
I see this ending 1 of 4 ways:
Gilbert via Sub (after round 2 it becomes far less likely)
Gilbert via KO (any round, but after round 2 it becomes unlikely)
Gilbert via Decision
or Usman via decision

Out of these 4, Usman via decision is the likeliest.
I see this fight as Usman 60/40.
IF you held a gun to my head my prediction would be Burns KO round 2.

Mystic Chael holds no liability for lost money on these awesome predictions, however I do take a 10% commission if these predictions make you money.

Last edited:
Rose vs Andrade - Andrade is going to get pieced up like her VS Joanna. It won't be close, and it won't be pretty. Rose is going to put on a fucking clinic. I can see a finish from rose in round 4 with a counter left hook as Andrade rushes in.
Fyi, Rose vs Andrade is a 3 rounder

3 rounds increases Rose's chances as her gas tank is noticeably worse than Andrade's; I thought she was visibly slowing down in their first meeting after a fantastic 1st round.

Let me save this thread
MadYearlyDoctorfish-size_restricted.gif

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls.

Who are we kidding, this is sherdog. Hello all you 18-40 year old males.

Nostrodamus Chael is making his predictions for UFC 251. Mystic Chael is 2/3 on his predictions so far, so I am practically flawless.

Long thread.

Volkanovski VS Holloway - Volkanovski will have a dominant 3 rounds, Holloway will try to go balls to the wall in the last 2, and get knocked out brutally, or at least hurt very very badly. This will be a Ferguson Gaethje esc performance (however whether the finish will happen IDK).

Jose Aldo vs Yan - Yans sub par striking defense on the offense will get exposed, and Aldo will finish him with a right hook in under 2 rounds. If this doesn't happen, Aldo will win a 48-47 decision, with the 5th round being dicey for him.

Rose vs Andrade - Andrade is going to get pieced up like her VS Joanna. It won't be close, and it won't be pretty. Rose is going to put on a fucking clinic. I can see a finish from rose in round 4 with a counter left hook as Andrade rushes in.

Giblert VS Usman - I don't have enough info for this. I wouldn't bet on anything, this one has too many variables. Gilbert is a better striker. He has a nasty sub game, and is good enough that Usman won't go to the ground with him unless gilbert is hurt or tired. However Usman has better cardio, and a better wrestler, and might just end up holding Burns up against the fence for 5 rounds.
I see this ending 1 of 4 ways:
Gilbert via Sub (after round 2 it becomes far less likely)
Gilbert via KO (any round, but after round 2 it becomes unlikely)
Gilbert via Decision
or Usman via decision

Mystic Chael holds no liability for lost money on these awesome predictions, however I do take a 10% commission if these predictions make you money.

I like all these predictions.
selling the house to bet on it... (Chael guaranteed!!!)

Disappointed. I thought this was what the REAL Chael P. Sonnen thought, like on his podcast or something. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.

Fyi, Rose vs Andrade is a 3 rounder

3 rounds increases Rose's chances as her gas tank is noticeably worse than Andrade's; I thought she was visibly slowing down in their first meeting after a fantastic 1st round.
ahh shit, well then it will just be a dominant 30-27 for rose.
thanks for the info.

Disappointed. I thought this was what the REAL Chael P. Sonnen thought, like on his podcast or something. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
Are you heckling Chael? This is what happens you heckle Country Chael:

Holloway is not getting knocked out in the championship rds lmao, Volkanovski's conditioning is severely overrated. He was slowing down as the fight progressed.

hqdefault.jpg

Why would you not pick your most likely scenario with a gun to your head?
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Why would you not pick your most likely scenario with a gun to your head?
hqdefault.jpg
Yeah, I know it seems a bit weird, but if I had to make a hard prediction, thats what my spider senses are telling me.
Usman by decision is probs the better bet tho.

Back