Why does Zabit have bad cardio?

I'm fan of Zabit but i want him to lose and move up to lightweight division.

He likely cuts a bunch of weight, fights at a high pace using a lot of taxing techniques. I’d be interested to see if he could adjust to a 5 rounder.

I think if he cut back on all the fancy spinning shit, his cardio would greatly improve....Plus, he seems to gas when guys push him back and he fights going backwards...he lacks the punching power to keep guys from making him go back...

He wins rounds based off of output and high output requires lots of cardio, especially when you're throwing spin shit that is blocked or misses the majority of the time.
Then he had better arrange his energy more strategically if he wants to win a title fight.

cuts too much weight and spends half his gas tank on ineffective spinning shit

It's as @fortheo said mainly because of the output i think.

I don't think cutting weight is really as big of a problem, because as tall and long as he is, he's built like a stick figure.

Probably genetics or weight cut or both.

It's not output for sure, cause shadow boxing isn't output, it's not spinning shit either cause he doesn't spin that often... most of his shit doesn't even land, and is without power, cause if those types of kicks land with commitment you are going out.

His technique is beautiful, he looks like he should be a good fighter but he's just not.

He has all the tools, he just doesn't have the energy or the desire for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back