Media Looks like Weili Zhang is serious about fighting Valentina Shevchenko

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
reAE1QO9zGJnKukjaQnE0VwAJdM49NaasS9iyLWw9yRfNvi96L90jvNNnT6sER9PgMdDfywfeDXy1g=s800-nd

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzCS5ibxk_jC7uHe7N4AaABCQ

8ZC47rEfjMa0AAe25RW3Q6YGBKcbZcf01udaNUU9r_IO6BdCL1-0dD2fQpg216lyJSwf5g481GLLnw=s800-nd

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgyB0BFoGpPHBC6mw-J4AaABCQ

I love her, great for the sport.

Valentina acted kind of cringe worthy after Weili won her last fight, she needs to back that up.

Wang vs Valentina is going to be a barn burner.
She always is cringe. She doesn't know English all that well so when she tries to hype a fight you can really tell how fake she's being.

I dont know. Zhang is one of my favourite fighters rn, but i dont see her beating Shev.
If Nunes couldnt take Valentina out, Zhang propably wont. And to win on points against Shev will be very very hard at her optimal weight.

Still propably the best fight WMMA has to offer besides Shev vs Nunes 3 or Nunes vs Cyborg 2.

I'm a big Valentina fan and I read into it a little more than that.

I think she's a narcissist, hardcore. Most good male champions are too.

Through the language barrier and being female, her trash talk is cringe.
Yeah I wish I could remember the pre-fight but it was one of the ones where they get a bunch of fighters together for upcoming fights in the year and she was trying to trash talk and she looked ridiculous.

I dont know. Zhang is one of my favourite fighters rn, but i dont see her beating Shev.
If Nunes couldnt take Valentina out, Zhang propably wont. And to win on points against Shev will be very very hard at her optimal weight.

Still propably the best fight WMMA has to offer besides Shev vs Nunes 3 or Nunes vs Cyborg 2.
Yeah I just cannot see Weili Zhang beating Shevchenko. She's too small, even if she bulks up.
Plus Shevchenko has a LOT more experience in fighting, both on the feet and on the ground.

I'd say give Weili another year or two and then MAYBE make that superfight. I'd still like to see it for sure, but I think the jump to 125lbs title-fight vs Shevchenko is just a leap too far at the moment.

Now....Weili Zhang bulked up and fighting almost anyone ELSE at 125lbs??? I'd be expecting Weili to win. And if Shevchenko retires in a while (1 to 3 yrs) then I expect Weili to move up and be the 125lbs champion. I'm sure the UFC has that in mind.

I don’t see a fight with Valentina being remotely competitive. I had Valentina beating Amanda in their last fight and Amanda is a monster. Zhang arguably lost to the same woman that Valentina dominated. I think a fight against her would be 50-45 or 3rd round finish. There are no challenges for Valentina besides Amanda and Germaine.

She still has to defend her title at least 4-5 more times, clear out her division...

Oh wait, I forgot, it's 2020. So she probably gets the Val fight, and even more probably loses it.

I'm surprised some fans (edit: not in this particular thread) think it would be a particularly good/competitive fight.

I think Valentina beats her very cleanly and perhaps even finishes her in the championship rounds. I don't even know what people are perceiving Weili's path to victory to be.

There's no need to rush this. 125 is paper-thin, but 115 is reasonably deep for WMMA.

Let Weili win another two or three fights before setting up that cross-divisional fight.

If you think Weili is *that* fighter, the fight ain't going nowhere, because barring something very strange happening, Valentina isn't losing at 125 anytime soon.

Back